Ui is different sizes on different devices

Hello, my UI looks different depending on the device. I used the UnitConversion plugin to try and fix this but it still looks off. I have a UIAspectRatioConstraint inside the main frame and everything’s size is set to scale instead of offset.

Normal:

On an Ipad screen:

Theres actually a plugin for this, hope it helps!

UI Auto Scale plugin

You should always change the scale and not the offset.

To avoid that in the future, everytime you create a UI element, change the size to {0.1,0,0.1,0} then scale it manually and it will change the scale and not the offset.

For any other people who see this message, NEVER use plugins for scaling your UI. They are very unreliable and their methods aren’t the best. The only plugin I would genuinely recommend is UI Tools by @zilibobi since it is actually accurate. Even with that you should use roblox’s given tools for scaling such as: UIScale, UIAspectRatio, UISizeConstraint, UITextSizeConstraint.

Not always, you should only do this when its required.

1 Like

My plugin actually has a new feature for scaling with UIScale. I use the same formula the plugin uses for calculating the required scale in one of my games and it works really well.

If anyone is interested, check out these replies:

Here’s a comparison between scaling with relative units and UIScale scaling:

1 Like

Because UI is automatically scaled depending on the screen size, it would be a pain to actually scale them all to the correct size on different devices.

Therefore, use a plugin to scale UI.