UICorner [Live]

Sorry for the bump, but is there a reason making circles with UICorner doesn’t work anymore?

As you can see, CornerRadius is 1, 0, and that should be making a circle. However, whats shown in there is just a rounded square.

EDIT: It appears this only happens for small sizes, but still an issue nonetheless.

1 Like

what is the size of your parent guiobject? The scale will only apply to minimum edge length, so the object needs to be a perfect square if you want to make a circle from it.

1 Like

I cannot find UICorner anywhere.

I scrapped the old UI for a much newer one which has this problem fixed, and I was able to isolate the problem to the way I set the UI up after extensive testing.

The circle had a +0.5 increase in AbsolutePosition.Y because I had set AnchorPoint.Y to 0.5 and set Position.Y.Scale to 0.5 on the circle. This effectively centered it, however due to an accuracy error in the parent UIPadding object (I set it to 5 instead of 6), caused the +0.5 increase as 5/2 = 2.5.
Answering what you said though, the circle had a size that would’ve made it a perfect square.

However, if it was intended to work as it should’ve (aka I entered in the right UIPadding information), this wouldn’t have been an issue.

I’ve also noticed that the parts of the circle that have lower opacity (that form from anti-aliasing) are higher opacity than the reference I was going for.

TL;DR - Human error and it didn’t match with the reference exactly

Is there any plans to add features such as:

• Support for ClipDescendants
    This would be useful for things like progress bars
  • Support for Individual Corner Radius
    This would be useful for making modern looking UI and would improve the overall look of some designs.

Adding support for these would save developers a lot of time and would be great to use together.
Currently, if I wanted to do Individual Corner Radius’s, I’d need to use ~3 frames to get the desired look, and when the entire game’s UI matches that style, it’d add up to a lot of frames. I understand that I can use external programs such as Photoshop or Illustrator for this but I still think it’d be a good addition to Roblox and would save developers a lot of time.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions. We are working on features that would provide support for the following:

while for:

the support is still under evaluation. So for short-term we still highly recommend using external image processing tools to pre-generate the texture, it would be beneficial to game perf comparing to our internal support of doing per-pixel calculation every frame.

6 Likes

Awesome! Thank you!

I’m gonna put ClipDescendants to good use once it supports UICorner!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.