UIGradient [LIVE]

Well, I don’t appreciate the ping off Discord at midnight but I can forgive it AS THIS IS A FRICKING AWESOME UPDATE!!! Can we make custom gradients via scripts? Maybe we could have some tweening transitions?

7 Likes

Yes, you can edit the gradient, rotation, etc with scripts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only thing I wish to see added is maybe radial gradiants or adding multiple ones

4 Likes

Well I can’t use it, but it looks cool.

2 Likes

So, I don’t have to go in Photoshop, make gradients and upload them as images anymore? This is a great update!

5 Likes

They probably edited the post or you just didn’t see that part.

They edited it, no need to notify me.

Wait to do that are you importing images of text or using the textboxes from Roblox itself?
Also what’s the font?

Amazing job! A feature that I am missing are radial gradients and a better transaprency control (like Figma where you can control each color’s opacity and not like Roblox’s).

1 Like

I’ve wanted a feature like this for such a long time! This is going to open up so many possibilities not only for GUI’s, but also other unique and interesting features.

I’ve made a “slowly disappearing” object using UIGradients and a viewport frame for fun.
https://gyazo.com/7de3ccf6cb88dab5aa20a83199dc41ab.gif

82 Likes

This is a really cool feature and I’m really happy you guys added it. I was wondering if theres ever going to be a rounded corner feature?

5 Likes

What a great feature! I’ve been waiting for a feature like this for years. My previous method included placing gradient images behind ‘inverted’ text. Now I can just use TextLabels. They’re way sharper :slight_smile:

5 Likes

You just gave me an idea for a hover effect on buttons :slightly_smiling_face:

It’s all built-in Roblox, the font is Gotham.

Amazing feature! I think that Roblox developers will be able to utilize this feature greatly, because of the numerous purposes it can serve.

After trying out this feature, I’ve been thinking about the many uses it can have.

Super excited for this feature, and hope to see improvements for using them more statically as well! Features like this are what enable developers like never before, and that’s awesome stuff!

As others have said, I hope to see before final release more gradient types, such as Radial.

However I more so hope to see Angle style, in which the gradient wraps around sweeping counterclockwise. For example, a quick radar effect could be achieved with just a green Angle gradient that faded out, and then just had the Rotation constantly spun. Also would make for some cool outline effects (instead of the current that has to have the effect on both sides which means it also needs to be a reflected gradient to look right).

Wait when did player list GUI design get introduced? I can’t find a post on that.

3 Likes

Thanks for you nice feedback, we will address this ASAP.
I will forward the following color sequence editing experience improvement to studio team too.

8 Likes

We have been looking into this for some time, while we have some technical limitations for it to work nicely with multiple color points while perform well on certain mobile devices. It should be possible for us to nicely support 2 colors, while it is hard for us to guarantee that we cover your use cases.
In addition if you can provide your vision of use cases on this, it would be really helpful.

4 Likes