UIScale breaks TextLabels with AutomaticSize inside of a ScrollingFrame

In my game, I use a UIScale to ensure that my UI appears the same on all devices and screens. I frequently make use of offset and other non-scale related properties to design my UI. I have some code that adjusts the UIScale.Scale property during runtime to account for this.

The UIScale is stored directly under the ScreenGui itself:

I have noticed that this system is sort of backfiring on me. Inside of a ScrollingFrame, I have two identical elements. Each are set up as follows:

Both have their AutomaticSize property set to Y. The TextLabel has TextWrapped enabled.

The text refuses to wrap sometimes, specifically when UIScale.Scale > 1. Please take a look at the images below, specifically at the purple and blue TextLabels on the right side.

Images of the issue

UIScale.Scale = 1

UIScale > 1 (Specifically, this Scale was set to 1.107. This may or may not cut it off on your screen.)

Here is a repo file of the UI in question. I have removed the extra elements that are completely unrelated. It contains the scrolling frame, the UIScale and the elements that are broken. The GUI can be found in StarterGui.MainGui.

The text cuts off as the UIScale.Scale property is increased to a value greater than 1.
Repo.rbxl (62.9 KB)

If needed, I can DM the entire UI shown in the screenshots. I can also provide the code that rescales my UI in-game.

2 Likes

I believe we’re running into the same issue. I’ve reported quite a few bugs pertaining to AutomaticSize and its interactions with UIScale:

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I filed a ticket in our internal database.

1 Like