UIStroke - Studio Beta (UPDATE: re-enabled)

This seems like a common issue that multiple other developers are having, which makes the UIStroke object annoying for general use.

It made my UI look awful.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue hopefully its not intentional because it doesn’t make any sense, we were able to make the text invisible ourselves before via text transparency and still keep the boarders now the text doesn’t show up no matter what.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well, didn’t have this issue a month or so ago. Happens when inside of any GUI (Screen, Surface, Billboard). I’d count this as a serious issue with no workarounds that I know of, basically making UIStroke unusable with text.

UIStroke Enabled

UIStroke Disabled

Steps to reproduce:

• Insert a ScreenGui (any kind works, really)
• Insert a TextLabel into the ScreenGui, change BackgroundTransparency to 1
• Insert a UIStroke into the TextLabel.
• Make color/text size adjustments as needed.

@Tiffblocks (Don’t like pinging but I assume this is important enough)

7 Likes

Unsure why this is occurring but UIStroke is making text transparent and is not showing the color of it

This is occurring on a BillboardGui

With UIStroke:

Without UIStroke:

UIStroke Properties:

TextLabel Properties:

10 Likes

This happened quite recently but there is a workaround I think.

You can duplicate the same text and put it underneath the one with the underline.

However, this is a bug considering the fact that the post itself shows intended behavior (I believe). No clue what changed. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, the fill text not rendering is a bug and is not intended. I’m currently looking into fixing this.

17 Likes

QUESTION
Will it work with viewports to create an outline of the model? If not, this is something I would love to see in the future also with transparent images as well. It could look something like the outlines in Pet Simulator X which I’m guessing they did outside of Roblox

BUG
There is a bug where the text on the inside becomes transparent

6 Likes

Could we have an option similar to the BorderMode of a frame where we can choose whether it’s inside or outside the UI object? (Outline, inset, middle…) Just curious if this could be possible as I am creating a UI which kind of has a shimmer effect but the stroke ruins it since it’s on the outside.

7 Likes

Is there an estimated release date for this?

5 Likes

Apparently it doesn’t work now so that’s cool :pensive:

2 Likes

Mine doesn’t work at all no matter what…

1 Like

I think it’s fixed now. Works properly

Why does it only work in studio and not in game?

It’s a studio beta because there are still some stability and crash issues.

It has been 5 months till the release and still not working, probably will never release

1 Like

Yeah, the contextual mode seems to have been fixed in studio and works properly now for me as well.

I am pretty sure @Tiffblocks and her team are working really hard on releasing a proper feature for us. It has passed a long time since the “release date”, for sure. However, all we can do is wait. It does not depend on any of us.

4 Likes

Her actually. But yes, this will release eventually, and I’ve spent a lot of time working on it.

14 Likes

D: I’m almost 8 hours late! It’s a relief to know that this is still a focal point for the team. :laughing:

I’m so excited for the ability to share my UI Stroke visualizer to friends without needing to give edit access :grin:

Keep us posted! Thanks for your dedication, this feature makes me shiver in anticipation!

Note

I would upload a video but data’s running tight this month. :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

When will it be added on live games???

2 Likes