UIStroke - Studio Beta (UPDATE: re-enabled)

When setting Thickness to large amounts, you get some weird shapes.

You can also bypass the 25 (pixel?) thickness limit

2 Likes

Would love to see the transparency property become a number sequence. This would allow for some pretty cool effects

1 Like

I’m pretty sure you can combine the UIGraident Instance with this feature.

3 Likes

Ok. This update has to be one of the most useful Beta Features out there. It is so amazing that you can customize the text with color outlines around the text. This will be a very useful update for UI Designers.

1 Like

Hey there!

It’s been roughly ~2 weeks since you’ve given us an update on how the feature is coming along. I recall you saying that the earliest UIStroke could be released is around 2 weeks from your update and was wondering if we could receive another progress update.

I’m just very curious and eagerly waiting for this feature to roll out and would like to know if the bug fix was successfully deployed to iOS or if you’ll have to start the process again, and if successful when we can expect for the feature to be rolled out. Thanks for taking the time to create really cool features for the Roblox development community!

7 Likes

Sometimes when updating certain properties in studio for Mac it completely crashes studio

1 Like

Yeah, unfortunately the fix didn’t work. I have new leads on what’s causing the crash though.

10 Likes

Appreciate the update. Looking forward to a successful fix!

2 Likes

Screen capture - 9c20393ca7c7ff0faa8921d7f4c274fa - Gyazo

Another bug I found was that when I applied the UiStroke the text disappeared and only the outline of the text was shown. Hopefully, this is fixed soon!

6 Likes

This seems like a common issue that multiple other developers are having, which makes the UIStroke object annoying for general use.

It made my UI look awful.

4 Likes

I’m having the same issue hopefully its not intentional because it doesn’t make any sense, we were able to make the text invisible ourselves before via text transparency and still keep the boarders now the text doesn’t show up no matter what.

2 Likes

This is happening to me as well, didn’t have this issue a month or so ago. Happens when inside of any GUI (Screen, Surface, Billboard). I’d count this as a serious issue with no workarounds that I know of, basically making UIStroke unusable with text.

UIStroke Enabled

UIStroke Disabled

Steps to reproduce:

• Insert a ScreenGui (any kind works, really)
• Insert a TextLabel into the ScreenGui, change BackgroundTransparency to 1
• Insert a UIStroke into the TextLabel.
• Make color/text size adjustments as needed.

@Tiffblocks (Don’t like pinging but I assume this is important enough)

7 Likes

Unsure why this is occurring but UIStroke is making text transparent and is not showing the color of it

This is occurring on a BillboardGui

With UIStroke:

Without UIStroke:

UIStroke Properties:

TextLabel Properties:

10 Likes

This happened quite recently but there is a workaround I think.

You can duplicate the same text and put it underneath the one with the underline.

However, this is a bug considering the fact that the post itself shows intended behavior (I believe). No clue what changed. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah, the fill text not rendering is a bug and is not intended. I’m currently looking into fixing this.

17 Likes

QUESTION
Will it work with viewports to create an outline of the model? If not, this is something I would love to see in the future also with transparent images as well. It could look something like the outlines in Pet Simulator X which I’m guessing they did outside of Roblox

BUG
There is a bug where the text on the inside becomes transparent

6 Likes

Could we have an option similar to the BorderMode of a frame where we can choose whether it’s inside or outside the UI object? (Outline, inset, middle…) Just curious if this could be possible as I am creating a UI which kind of has a shimmer effect but the stroke ruins it since it’s on the outside.

7 Likes

Is there an estimated release date for this?

5 Likes

Apparently it doesn’t work now so that’s cool :pensive:

2 Likes

Mine doesn’t work at all no matter what…

1 Like