Un-anchored blocks floating for unknown reason

Hi! I recently made a simple script that allows me to move parts with my mouse in-game. And just for testing purposes, I made it all in a LocalScript. Now, for some reason, I have some of my parts floating and being weird. To my understanding, all the parts are being unanchored at the correct times, but for some reason, they’re not falling. What I think is happening is the parts are going to sleep and not noticing the block underneath it is gone.

Here’s an example of what’s happening:
Image from Gyazo
Hope you can help!

1 Like

That definitely looks like a sleep issue. You should go to Settings > Phyiscs > Are Awake Parts Highlighted just to be sure.

Protip: it says that you might have to restart studio for the changes to take effect, but you don’t. Just hop into a play solo.

Can confirm, it is a sleeping issue. So how do I solve it?

Image from Gyazo

1 Like

maybe add a temporary physics body. I’m not sure but that worth trying

What’s that? Also would it be possible to update a part on a timer?

1 Like

So basically if you have a Body Mover parented to it. chances that it will stay in awake state i suppose

I tried adding a BodyGyro, and unless the part isn’t at the orientation of 0,0,0, the problem still occurs.

1 Like

I’ve seen the same thing happen to vehicles in a specific game that rely on body movers to flip them back up then float in the air unless someone touches it. Seems to occur even with a body mover existing in a model descendant.

I don’t know exactly how, but my first bet would be trying to slightly nudge it with some force when you need it to wake up. Others have suggested adding a temporary body mover and I’m not sure how well that’s working out for you, so I guess you’ll just have to experiment until you find a solution.

You could add a small velocity to each part by setting their Velocity property to a small Vector3 to try waking them up. It takes a bit of force, after all.

The issue with that is if the velocity isn’t strong enough, then the block wont move and will stay asleep anyway, but if it’s too high it can be jittery or laggy. I will try this though.

I have fixed this by going to Settings > Physics > Physics environmental throttle - Default Auto. Maybe it can help you too

2 Likes

Will this also allow it to work in game? And not just in Studio?