Un-Shift lock when holding left alt not working

Ik I already did this. Just need the camera to work.

1 Like

Sadly, I can’t seem to find a fix for that. I suggest asking for help from someone else as I am still not as good with Camera Manipulation. Anyway, here’s the final place. Example.rbxl (22.3 KB)
Hope this helped in any way possible, have an amazing rest of your day/night.

1 Like

Tysm! I’ll find another person that could fix my problem or I could try fixing it myself. Have a good day/night!

Actually, I have a question. I could make a similar to shiftlock system, but it’s more like the GTA V camera system. Do you want this type of camera or not?

1 Like

Wdym by more like GTA V camera system?

Alright, here’s a place example. LeftAlt to toggle the camera. GTA V Type of camera.rbxl (23.5 KB)

Edit

Credit to: @vsnry for the camera.

1 Like

Oh no I don’t want it to be like that. I want it so that the character will move with the mouse aka shift lock.

Quick question: Do you want the shiftlock enabled when the player joins?

1 Like

Yes I do. I want it to be enabled at the start and when you hold alt it disables.

Alright, I managed to get another way to fix shiftlock, now I’m working on the keybind, I’ll try to fix this.

1 Like

Thank you so much for tryna help me for a long long time

1 Like

FINALLY! I found a fix, I’ll send the place in a second. Though there is a slight delay when switching between the camera modes. Shiftlock Camera_Mode (1).rbxl (131.1 KB)
RightAlt is used to toggle it back on.

-- Final keybind code

local UIS = game:GetService("UserInputService")

_G.ForceShiftLock = true

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.RightAlt then
		_G.ForceShiftLock = true
	end	
end)

UIS.InputBegan:Connect(function(input)
	if input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.LeftAlt then
		_G.ForceShiftLock = false
	end
end)
3 Likes

When I play I can’t move my mouse but if I toggle it on and off it works. Do you know why?

Most likely causes it, I suggest you publish and try it in game.

1 Like

It doesn’t fix it. It’s the same in studio and in game. When I spawn in I can’t move my mouse and if I toggle it on and off it works.

Where did you place the scripts?

In StarterPlayerScripts, It’s the same on the place you sent and my game.

1 Like

Pretty sure that this line caused it.

Though I’m unsure of how to fix this.

Edit

This fixed it:

_G.ForceShiftLock = true

Line 12 - ForceShiftLockScript

I suppose that this solved your problem, let me know if it didn’t. Also, feel free to change the keybinds. Hope you have an amazing rest of your day/night.

2 Likes

It’s the same line lmao :confused:

Yes, but placing it in the different script worked for me.

2 Likes