Unable to give an experience permissions to use an audio that are both owned by the same group

Currently, as of 2/23/24, I am unable to give an experience permissions to use an audio. When I try saving, I get a vague error message:

Despite the audio being uploaded to the same group as the experience’s group, this error occurs, and the audio never works in the experience.

Experience ID : 5630551439
Audio ID : 6839820539

Expected behavior

It is expected that I would be able to grant an experience that is in the same group as an audio permissions to use said audio

Page URL: https://create.roblox.com/dashboard/creations/experiences/5630551439/permissions

2 Likes

As a workaround, I think if you try to insert the Audio in the game through the toolbox it should automatically grant permissions to use it in the game.

1 Like

I’m still encountering this issue, it occurs with most audios and experiences.

@Noble_Draconian This seems to be an audio uploaded before March 2022 and less than 6seconds long. You don’t need to grant permissions to use this Audio. We will update the error message in creator dashboard to better reflect the error.

1 Like

As stated in our DM, the audio is acting as if the experience doesn’t have permissions despite this.