Unable to launch Roblox Player/Studio from site

I’m using Mozilla Firefox, and seem to be unable to effectively launch Roblox Player or Studio from the website, instead I am prompted to download Roblox again. After doing so, I am still unable to launch.

If I clear my browser cookies, it will allow me to launch for an arbitrary amount of time after re-logging. Restarting my computer does not help with this. This seems to have happened in the last week, so I’m unsure exactly where I need to be looking to fix this.

I’m in the middle of trying to play-test things online, so this is creating quite the bottleneck!

Many thanks

8 Likes

I have a similar issue too. It says " Error starting game

An error occurred trying to launch the game. Please try again later." When i try to do the things described in the post.

2 Likes

Is Firefox linked to Roblox Client and Studio?

2 Likes

Yep. It’s just not detecting it.

From what I’ve noticed, this problem may be tied to the browser. While I can’t launch Roblox on Mozilla Firefox, it works fine on Microsoft Edge, and I’ve taken to using the latter exclusively to launch Roblox, for lack of a proper fix.

As for whether Firefox is linked to Roblox, it does not have any action defined for the content type at all:

I’m unsure of if it can be manually linked, but attempting to launch Roblox from the browser clearly doesn’t link it automatically, or provide any prompt to link it.

1 Like

this exact same thing was happening to me, so i just installed Chrome and it works perfectly fine.

It seems that this has been fixed following;

• Downloading Microsoft Edge + launching via.
  • Roblox Update

I seem to be able to launch through mozilla now.
Apologies, I’ve been pretty swamped at work this week.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.