"Unable to teleport to a restricted place" Error with reserving servers

I’m working on a server hop where it throws you into a singleplayer server, however, it keeps returning me “Unable to teleport to a restricted place”, the ID is right, I just dont know what I’m doing wrong. The place is public, and is an instance of the actual game you’re teleporting from

Code snippet:

local tpserv = game:GetService("TeleportService")
local Server = tpserv:ReserveServer(id)

task.spawn(function()
			for i=1,20 do
				if player == nil then
					break
				end
				tpserv:TeleportToPrivateServer(id,tpserv,{player})
				task.wait(0.8)
			end
		end)

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, because this is my first time I’m using Reserving. The game is not private.

Nevermind now that I’m looking at it way harder I was teleporting people to TeleportService. Woops

Yeah, also why are you looping the function here? It seems a bit unnecessary to keep calling the function over and over again, couldn’t you just apply some sanity checks first?

In case you’re still struggling with the issue, there’s 3 mandatory parameters to have within your script

• The Place ID (Not Universe/Game ID!)
  • The Code that returns back the ReserveServer function
  • An array/table of Players

And also make sure the script that you’re using is a Script (Not a LocalScript, cause those are 2 different things)

1 Like

I was originally repeating it because reserve server takes forever, and before I made it loop in the first place, it would error most of the time saying that it took too long and the game server has closed or something along the lines.

You should probably look more into that then if that’s the case, consider possibly waiting until the Player has fully loaded in to properly call the function at that point of time so that it doesn’t error

You can also look more into the Simplified Teleport Error Handling post if the TP doesn’t work the first time

Also if your issue has been resolved, make sure to mark the post that helped you the most as a solution

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.