Undocumented, New Datastore Limits

Significant amount of players are experiencing severe data loss because of this in Pet Simulator X and our other games.

3 Likes

This seems to be occurring on my end also, a large spike in data loss in multiple servers.

Hello there. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, I have raised this to the engineers and they are actively working on a fix.

8 Likes

Hey Mitchell, just to help you understand further, the point the post you are replying to is trying to get across is that when you see this error, it’s on us (Roblox staff) to address, not you as a creator. Ideally this error shouldn’t happen and the team is working on that, but whenever you see a HTTP 5xx (like a 500, 502, 503 or 504), that’s on us and not on you, and it’s not because your experience is hitting any actual rate limits. The error message is just confusing here.

Should be noted we have two separate issues going on in this thread: one that was resolved when @ahrielia commented, and another that started just now and the team is actively looking into this one.

1 Like

This is now an issue in our game as well, players are losing data due to this.

Main errors:

1 Like

The fix has gone live as of now. Please let us know if the issues do not resolve as the fix rolls out.

8 Likes

Excellent! Fast work good job, will report if I see anything. All server reset correct?

2 Likes

The error is back again today, only slightly different message. It’s still rejecting Reads, but now the error is being generalized… This is a really significant issue that I’m really concerned isn’t getting the proper focus to prevent player data corruption.

What good is allowing reads as part of the update function to check integrity if you’re going to reject the reads and prevent the saves, which we are already limited on from throttling.

2022-12-02 20_49_32-Roblox

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.