Uneven scaled objects

resize the scale of ui elements depending on device

How would that help? How do you know much to resize them to avoid that unintended behaviour?

Kinda missed your question, I tested on my Iphone 13, it looks normal but there is a noticeable gap between the block bar and the honour bar (green) which I get is the rounding stuff, it’s still odd and noticeable. What I showed you was the iphone 4 resolution on roblox studio so Idrk how it looks like there

Hi, I discussed with the team and the pixel rounding is the expected behavior for now, even if it does create unequal GuiObject sizes or spaces when using scale UDim2 positions/sizes.

One potential workaround if you are looking to achieve exact pixel dimensions is to use offset positioning for UDim/UDim2 properties, like GuiObjects.Size or UIListLayout.Padding. This might require using a script to adjust the offset size for small screen resolutions.

As we work towards future UI technologies, do you have any thoughts on what APIs you would like to use to fix this problem? For example, should we add an option to disable pixel rounding, or would you prefer to specify GuiObject offset sizes based on the screen resolution, similar to CSS Container Queries?

2 Likes

Yeah a built in adjusting of the offset based on resolution would probably be the way to go. But out of curiousity if pixel rounding is disabled what would be the result behaviour? Because if it can fix the issue without being a disadvantage that might be a better option.