Hinge Constraints and Weird Anchoring Problems

I don’t know If this belongs in this category but I think it could be solved with scripting
I am currently mid process of scripting a very basic excavator, but the rotating left and right of the super structure doesn’t work in the way I want it to, I would like both parts, the base and the superstructure to be unanchored, however the current properties and scripts there are at the moment somehow keep the upper portion of the machine in one place, You can see what I am on about here:

https://www.roblox.com/games/5298827367/Terrain-Destroy?refPageId=0686ed39-c237-460c-afbd-a5072cbed55f

I should note the controls for the excavator are:
W,A,D,X And J,K,L,M
I am working on a gui

I scripted everything there in the game, the datastores, the remote events, the keybinds and the terrain deformation and formation but I cannot get the upper part unanchored. There are welds holding the pivot block for the arm and the seat holding to the upper structure but no anchors.

I have been trying to tackle this for about an hour now and No one seems to have had the same issue, Thanks and sorry If I am missing something obvious
Badle :slight_smile:

I should also note that there are no errors or scripts trying to anchor any parts and that if you do try the game, I haven’t yet attempted to script the digging of the terrain for the excavator

Have you tried welding the parts together?

Sorry for the late reply, Which parts do you mean, the lower and upper parts I refer to?
If so, no as they need to rotate freely of each other, other than that parts are held together by constraints and welds yes