Upcoming Changes for Experience Recommendations

Would that be a little bit weird if it is related to those?

Not really sure what you mean by that?

1 Like

Sorry for not evaluating the reply, like something related to Swearing, or GTA stuff regarding to the Experiences for users who are 17+, aren’t that would be a little bit weird on the Roblox platform?

The Experience Questionnaire already asks whether you use PolicyService to dynamically respect regional requirements that vary per user and takes that into account in the rating.

4 Likes

How will Roblox help developers with their game discovery?

Current search system is horrible and sometimes games are shadow banned
Sponsored game system is also incredibly useless

Is there anything Roblox is going to introduce that will help developers?

1 Like

Well not really. Sure at the start it would be but Roblox themselfs said they want to age up the platform and lets be quite honest with the current rules not many 18+ year olds would want to play. Also swearing is already kinda allowed inside of voice chat, so all you would be doing is limiting some games to like 18+ or whatever the age limit would be set at.

So does this mean that older games that have been abandoned won’t show up for these younger players? Does it pertain to all recommendations including things like games your friends are playing?

1 Like

Happy to see Roblox once again try to appeal to investors with a lackluster policy doomed to be ineffective. The questionnaire survey used to determine whether or not a game is considered appropriate for kids is already easily bypassable, what is this update even meant to do? Alongside the removal of player ads for users under thirteen, this seems like yet another policy that will make it more difficult for younger audiences to discover new games… Additionally, on an unrelated note, will this secrete older games with inactive developers who haven’t filled out the survey?

Roblox continues to strip away game discovery features that were already barely helpful in the first place without implementing new ways to advertise products. Why does this continue to happen?

1 Like

Is there any internal push to also allow PolicyService to be used to make games more age appropriate?

For example, Team Fortress 2 famously had a “Birthday Mode” which would replace blood and other gore graphics with balloons and confetti. With an upgrade to PolicyService, such a system could be forced on for underage users to make a game compliant with both younger users and regions that have stricter control on blood in games.

7 Likes

Terrible update. Most of Roblox’s playerbase these days are under 9 years old.

If ROBLOX insists on stricter censorship, it should allow experiences to upload content that applies to its age guidelines. Right now, they are censoring pretty much every content that is not deemed safe for those under 13. This makes it hard to make games appeal to older ages because of censorship.

Right now, what ROBLOX is doing is:

Hey, we will limit the player traffic to your game to only 13+, but the content you uploaded cannot be 13+, and it has to be safe for those under 13 IN ROBLOX PERSPECTIVE. We will ban you or “shadowban” you if you don’t comply.

Worse, most of the contents are moderated by a robot that is probably not getting brighter in the correct direction over time. Also, god knows what is deemed safe for under 13 from ROBLOX’s perspective anymore.

I hope ROBLOX understands how frustrating this can be for developers. Since November, there has been a massive lack of balance on the changes in ads and discovery.

1 Like

I didn’t know experiences can be harm to children under 9.
For example I know people that watch Flamingo under 9. And you know, he does some stuff.

I have mixed opinions about this.
I’d understand if it was under 5 or 7.
But under 9… Not sure with that.

I’m not the only one who remembers genres, right?
Their reintroduction was cried for and they just straight out refuses to deliver. Could we get an official explanation as to why tags shouldn’t be a thing on the site, Roblox?

So kids should be recommended unrated and potentially inappropriate games?

2 Likes

Hey everyone,

My experience is launching on 1/16 and myself as well as my staff team are unable to complete the age survey.

We’ve received the “Not Eligible” error

Is there a time limit from when an experience is created to when it can be rated?

No word on that yet. Perhaps, if so, the community guidelines need to be updated.

Is there a reason why some experiences received age ratings without filling out the questionnaire? I noticed that the old place for Critical Strike has an “All Ages” rating despite the original owner not being online on Roblox for years.

No?? When did I say that? Why would they get recommended inappropriate games?

Amazingly, Roblox is improving child safety, and many other things, but the only disadvantage, I see with this update is the games that will appear to younger audiences, most games would go unnoticed, and this won’t affect games that are already popular as they have the attention of the audience.

Your game most likely needs more visits, this always happens to me. Just wait for about 3 - 4 days and you’ll be fine.