CreativeOS | The first available OS API

bro just use git with your project :skull:

2 Likes

b- b- but its open source!!! go use ur own git

I mean actually, there is no point in OP using git. They want the code to be readily available for developers to study, but what is there to study? Unoptimised, messy code? They already don’t incorporate any of the feedback given, except for not creating apps (when they already ignored the feedback and found out for themselves it won’t work).

1 Like

I don’t know why you are using an external dependency here when it this should all be developer handled?

1 Like

what if i got banned or im going to another place like a mall or something???

Hello.

Our “brand” CStudio is really just a team. 2 people working on a project that we think could benefit the community with enough effort. As for the silver lining, that is still months, maybe even years away, so don’t get too comfortable calling it:

The hope is that it will be contributing to the community and that at least someone will use it. Right now, it has been updated twice.

Going back to the feedback quote, we have incorporated your feedback and many others’ as well. You said in the very first post:

So we took that and updated the UI. (Although for some reason you still see it as “ugly”…)

We took that and rewrote our whole system, which we are now doing again. (Hopefully the last time… :expressionless:)

In another reply:

We then added all of our events to the main OS_Module. Any developer can now listen for OS.JobChanged.OnClientEvent or something like that.

So we simply removed it from the next update. It hadn’t even been added yet. That was by far the easiest change we’ve made.

That is another thing we are working on. Part of the reason we are rewriting the system is due to the fact that it was uninclusive before and got a little better, but there was still no way to easily call functions from other apps and use them to create apps. So we are currently creating a new system allowing that right now.

– Conclusion –

This seems like a great idea. We just don’t know how to implement it. We would love your help. You, and many others, have great ideas for this project and we are extremely grateful to even be able to get feedback on this.

Lastly, this has been taken off open-source, as according to many others, the way we see it as open-source is much different. While it is still technically “open-source”, we aren’t going to advertise it anymore.

Thank you to everyone who has helped us, and we hope to hear from you all when the next update comes out. This is meant to help developers add a GUI to their game that will have everything they want in one place. This is not only limited to a phone but could be added to many other types of places in the future.

Sincerely,
– Fittergem1000 || CStudio - Team lead

Hey!

We would love to answer this for you!

Essentially, what we have used for our data-saving is mostly up to us. That being said, the developer could change it to whatever they want. The only reason that we used ProfileService is that it’s one of the easiest ways to save player data right now. While yes, developers could write their own saving system, why not use one that’s already made? This allows for easily added values to save by the developer.

The service requires 4 things:

• The ProfileService library module
  • A server-side module script containing a table with values you want to be saved
  • A server-side data script that saves all of the data in the table
  • A server-side manager module that will use the module table to get and store extra data

As I said, super easy to then add your own values to save without writing extra lines of code in your own scripts.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Wow, I’m not the only one making phones in Roblox haha, I’ve tried your model and It’s amazing! The only thing I would change and maybe fix is the Island, it’s kinda clunky, but overall your project is amazing. I even tried to add custom app and it’s very easy:

Here are some changes I would do:

• The messaging app: when sending a message you get notification on the Island yourself which should not be a case.
  • Interface: The icons on the interface looks clunky just like they don’t belong here, try to make one icon format and base it on mono colors for example the background of the icon may be colorful ful if you take look at some icons they are wierd, let me elaborate:
    Take a look at the Settings and Bank icons, the Bank icon is empty inside and the Settings app contains colors not matching other ones (in this case black).
  • Sounds: when the app is opened it makes the sound which don’t fit the project, instead try using something like click sound, it would make the user enjoy the interaction with your phone.
  • Loading when oppening the phone: instead of showing the name of the project for 4 seconds try making it one time, and next time it will not show up.
  • Using the island: I have no idea how to use your island, sorry.

Anyways the project is a masterpiece and I cannot wait for next releases.

Keep the good work up!
~ SG

1 Like

Hey!

Thank you so much for the response. As said before, we take responses very heavily and try to add as many features as suggested. With that in mind, we will continue adding and changing the features as requested.

Nice to have another developer making phones as well.

I will respond with more info/details when I am back to my PC.

–Fittergem1000 || CStudio - Team lead

1 Like

Hey! Sorry it took so long. Been on a trip for a few days now and just got back.

That was only supposed to be for the demonstration. I must have forgotten to take the extra code out. That will be fixed in v0.2.0

Interface:

This is an interesting catch. v0.2.0 will definitely have updated app icons.

Sounds:

Introducing a click sound is not a bad idea! Thanks for your feedback and it will likely be added. (I would agree, the old sound didn’t match)

Loading when opening the phone:

This was something I was already planning on adding. The feature has been completely removed for the new update, although if we get it working again later, we may add it. It isn’t hard, we just don’t think that it’s necessary.

Using the island:

The island was (and kind of is even now) very confusing. You are supposed to be able to call a function from the OS module revealing the location of the island frame and the message you want displayed. This has now been made a little bit easier with how we have centralized most of our scripts to one location, however, you still have to dig through the module to find the function. We will be sure to mention how to use this when the next update rolls out.

Thanks again for the feedback

Here we go again.

We have changed our minds for the 3rd time now and WILL be introducing a GitHub repository for v0.2.0 and beyond.

Sorry for any unclearness, as this has been a hard decision to make while we try and continue working on our model.

The link will be posted in the updated post when v0.2.0 rolls out next month.

See you all then,
– Fittergem1000 || CStudio || Team lead

I wouldn’t really call this an Operating System (OS) because it doesn’t really function like an Operating System. In order for something to be called an OS it should have more functions that like 5 apps.

The UI is a bit clunky where everything is squished together.

1 Like

Hello King_GamingRobloxYT.

As said in many other replies above, this is a very early stage of the OS and model.

With our new release coming next month, the phone will function a bit more like an OS and have 9 apps total, plus an app-maker plugin allowing developers to easily create and insert apps by placing everything in the right spot automatically. (UI design and app functions will have to be made separately)

Thanks for your feedback,

1 Like

Here is a sneak peek of the upcoming update.

CreativeOS | v0.2.0 - Sneak Peek | Music Showcase

Thank you to everyone along the way. This has been an amazing journey.

Some info about the Music App:

• Favorited music is saved.
  • Songs play until paused or finish playing.
  • The Dynamic Island changes to show music when exiting the app
  • The notification system now checks if music is playing.
    • If music is playing, there is now a custom animation for notification messages.

Features still being added:

• Autoplay
  • Skip to the next song

Let us know what you think!

CreativeOS v0.2.0 is LIVE

Let us know what you think of the new update, how we can improve it, and any bugs you find.

Thanks again for everyone’s help along the way. It has been incredible so far, and so much is still to be done.

Hi,

The new island looks beautifull compared to the previous one, it has more life. But especialy I love the music app (like I love music in general hah) but the app is gorgeous, I would literally prefer it more than spotify’s app.

I did a small comparison video (I skipped some topics like Bank app or the vehicle spawner since I could not compare it haha). The video may be kinda subjective, but at the end both ended up on a draw.

I think this video may be helpfull to you when it comes to what to add/change.

At the end I love to watch this little competition going on here between us.

Good luck on the project,
~ SG

1 Like

First: You literally didn’t even have to do this. This is outright amazing.

Second: Thank you for making it. You are right, it helps us a lot with what we want to add/change based on what others are creating. It may be somewhat subjective, although with only a developer choosing and not other people, I wouldn’t say it was that badly pointed. Also skipping content is expected. The phones are very similar in many ways but also headed in very different directions

I too enjoy a little competition. I hope this will be fun.

(I think the music app is my favorite too. Could be because I like music, or maybe because it took me 7 hours to make. Who knows. :slight_smile: )

Thanks again for your time making this video, and for your feedback.

We really do appreciate it.

Good luck on your project

Definitely an improvement. I like the new island and the improved design as well as the backend improvements as well. Keep it going. Also, a plugin showcase video would be great as well.

1 Like

Working on the plugin video now. Should be out along with the installation/dev-features later today.

Thanks!

Due to recent upbringings, the CPhone (CreativeOS) will be discontinued as a constantly updated model. You can view an equally feature-rich phone here (not made by us).

A new, redone OS will be re-uploaded at some point in a separate topic. The new OS will be able to be spread across multiple devices, including support for a computer/laptop of some kind. The new OS will be the first of its kind, allowing the developer thousands of different customization features and possible creations. Support for things like the linking of different items, such as cameras, lights, and other interacting parts will likely be included with the new OS.

The new OS is not currently being worked on and has yet to be started. We are hoping for an initial 1.0 release in Q4 of this year. We have not decided whether the product will be a payed-for asset, or a free, open-source OS like this one. We will leave that up to you!

Thank you for all of the support that has led us to where we are now, and our decision to discontinue the project. Sorry for any inconvenience that may occur. Our new game which is currently being worked on, will release with the first kind of the new OS. The new OS release will likely follow the release of our game. Stay tuned for updates, and we will continue to reply as questions/comments come up.

Thanks again, and hope to hear from you all!

Hey @TheRealANDRO!

The original source has been discontinued for the OS, however, there is a new OS in the works. We are aiming for more of an API-based design. The ideal solution is to have one module that takes care of everything. Under the module would be all of the events/services.

While creating a project like this, we need help from our fellow developers for ideas. I thought, what’s a better solution than to ask the person who inspired the change to begin with.

So, with that out of the way, do you or others have any ideas on how to start an API type system that would work well with allowing developers to create their own front-end?

1 Like