Update to Avatar Bundle and Package Sales

Update asset manager too.
It still showing packages.

3 Likes

for anyone confused, before october 2018 avatar bundles were called “Packages” on-site, and were treated as normal assets. then all packages were converted to “Bundles”, which use their own ID system separate from all other asset types.

up until now it wasn’t possible to prompt a user to purchase a bundle in-game. you could use the bundle’s legacy package ID as a workaround, but this only worked for bundles that had previously existed as legacy package assets before october 2018.

with this change, legacy package assets are finally being sunset entirely.

(this is NOT related to packages as reusable objects in game development, those are an entirely different thing.)

2 Likes

Packages in the asset manager are not the same as avatar bundles. Two completely different features

2 Likes

Glad to hear that Roblox is finally solidifying the verbiage used to describe the bundle concept. It was always weird to have bundles and packages when they were the same thing. Glad that Roblox is still thinking about this kind of stuff!

1 Like

I’m confused. This just looks like a name change to me, what’s actually changing?

2 Likes

Will this be affecting the inventory API in any way? Will bundles be replacing the packages name in the asset types?

1 Like

Exactly my question! All I (think I) know is that packages are outdated.

1 Like

If the packages are going to be removed, Rthro is also removed

2 Likes

But I saw Roblox’s Rthro as bundles

3 Likes

i guess bundles won’t be removed: Robloxian 2.0, Roblox Man and Woman and Roblox Boy and Girl bundles won’t be removed

1 Like

Finally, now my friend can buy Headless and Korblox in my game and I’ll get money.

2 Likes

He was able to with the old package ID too.

1 Like

It is essentially only a name change.

1 Like

Hey developers,

After resolving a couple issues with the bundle purchase endpoint, the package purchasing endpoint has now officially been turned off. Let the team know if you see any more issues.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.