Update to Non-Limited Avatar Items Published Before April 4

So really, this won’t affect many people. Having a slight discount on items for premium users never interested me and I doubt it bothered many other people. They wouldn’t have removed the feature unless it was unused by most members.

Personally, when I had premium I would use the stipend on a game in Roblox instead, and Roblox continues to encourage this feature via popups and the Popular Among Premium playsort.

The downside is that some UGC developers may feel as if they lose out due to this, but personally I think it’s more worthwhile to release a UGC item to everyone rather than just Premium. I think it’s a good step to actually make more items available to players that don’t want to buy a monthly subscription.

12 Likes

I mean Roblox is a publicly shared company that is influenced by Investors so I wouldn’t necessarily be surprised but do you have any references or source to back this up?

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure they’re joking :sob: lol

7 Likes

For all the people saying that this is just one less reason for people to subscribe - be honest, if you own premium, have you ever actually cared about the marketplace discount?

6 Likes

Yes.​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure it’s just a scrapped idea at the formation of premium.

6 Likes

Removing one of the reasons to buy a Premium subscription let alone sustain said subscription isn’t very cash money of Roblox, literally.

Can we get an official answer as to why Premium-exclusivity and Premium-discounts are being removed?

12 Likes

Yeah.

5 Likes

i cared about the hats then they removed those

2 Likes

so what will happend to the items if you uploaded before the update?
spider-man-sad

2 Likes

True. My point however was that today you could argue there is almost no reason to get Roblox Premium, as Roblox has not bothered to add that many new benefits (which they can do without interfering with features that are currently available to free accounts). About a decade ago, a large amount of Roblox features required Builders Club. Now, many of these features have become available to people using the “free version” of Roblox. However, they have not added that many subscriber benefits in return. Some of the current subscriber benefits are not even advertised on the Premium page (which still has not been updated to reflect the removal of the avatar marketplace discounts).

2 Likes

Hi Muneeb, the documentation for that page is marked as internal, so its only visible to internal employees of Roblox. The V2 search endpoint is what the AvatarEditorService.SearchCatalog function of game-engine is calling under the hood, you can look up the documentation here: Avatar Editor Service | Documentation - Roblox Creator Hub