Updated Experience Controls Now Live

I saw that the UI has a pinning feature during testing, where you could pin icons to the unibar. Why was this not added? It would of been extremely useful!

1 Like

Yes, the new update fixes the launching.

1 Like

Ey, doc… Ever heard of Bloxstrap…?

ill give that a no by the way, i don’t like the menu and kills the immersion of games; and also bugs the client gameplay out

Yeah, think about this, most UI even in other UI like windows, first you can see the list of menus right? then after you clicked some of it the more information will show at the middle of the screen, same in tabled devices

Windows 10 UI:

Tabled UI:

and also in roblox player…
Roblox Player UI:

same in Studio
Roblox Studio UI:

For the Roblox UIs devs :slight_smile: , I also have an idea, in the settings over here :point_right:

what if, we can set our default UI system, so meaning we have option 1 which is like this and an option 2 which is this:

and add a rating for each one and people who can rate it is the actual player

So, that’s just my idea… Thanks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok, I prefer it the final way than the prototypes, the fact the microphone button is no longer over the head is amazing, I’ll stop getting warned because I was swearing with friends on discord, and I unfortunately turned on the mic. Amazing

The chat is now massive for mobile users takes up half the screen.

1 Like

no option to disable the new menu? My guy, Since there’s no option to disable and opt back in to the old menu, i’ll continue to use bloxstrap and using FastFlags to bring back the old menu. I’m very disappointed to see another, disappointing, useless and not important update from roblox.

1 Like

there is an option. U can set it in roblox studio.

yeah but it doesnt interfere with the roblox client, im pretty sure roblox only reverted that for studio, not the client

Then why i setted this and it worked? its even bad I cant set new ui anymore.

in studio, yes, i meant in-game.

I was going to write that the chat window looked small, it’s only 1/3 the width on my mobile device, but after seeing your mobile, I wonder if this adjustable now?

yes I have old ui in games too. I checked it on another account where I didn’t had even opened studio before so I opened and saw that updated controls are on then turned them off and i have old menu in all games.

8 pixels is truly a life ruining amount of space taken

Exactly. It’s ridiculous they decide to make such a big change and NOT give developers any say about if its enabled or not. It’s like they don’t actually listen, like you’ve said.

The new UI doesn’t even conform to the style we’ve already established with the old one, nothing fits anymore, and I’m sure as hell not going to change every UI in the game to this bubble version. We were already running out of top-bar room to begin with.

Sure, the microphone and accessibility change was good and very necessary, though that doesn’t mean you should redo the entire style and size of the UI. At the very least, let us hide the giant “burger” icon.

edit: Also i’ve seen how people have been saying things about bloxstrap, we shouldn’t be forced to install third party software (a borderline exploit, mind you), to change a feature people dislike. I know there’s people who like this, which is why I and everyone else who dislikes it, is saying to give us a actual option to change it, that being a studio setting or whatever, some setting for that specific game.

3 Likes

I have updated Roblox Studio, but when I play test, it is still showing the old UI. When can we expect the new UI to show up in studio so I can adjust my game’s UI to be compatible with the new experience controls?

That’s exaclty what I mean, my game locks your mouse, that’s why it’s just useless. They need to disable it if they detect the mouse is locked.

You need to turn it on in Beta Features.