[Updated]DeterminantAI - chatGPT powered NPCs that you can customize!

awesome plugin! how can we use it in an actual game - ie not have rate limits?

2 Likes

if you want to use our plugin in a real/ monetized game, come chat w us! we’re looking to partner w games/ game studios

come drop us a line on discord - link above in post (roblox wont let me post again)

It should be able to respond to multiple people right now, but it will only follow one person

Does not work for me, only 1 player can talk to the NPC

This is simply amazing, the perception the AI in general, never thought this would be such a possibility until now, however as a concern, how will you be benefiting from this project? Such costs from multiple games stack up.

The most recent update has better color recognition.

1 Like

The most recent update fixed these issues with script that handles npc being killed or player leaving the game. Give it a try! Any feedback is welcome.

1 Like

I’ve been playing around with it today. Amazing updates. I’ve also managed to roughly integrate it with the roblox soldiers and zombies in a hacky way with interesting results so far.

2 Likes

:fire::fire: NEWEST FEATURE - :exploding_head: Gate AI NPC by GAMEPASS!! :fire::fire:

Now you can gate your AI NPCs by a Roblox gamepass. This means that only players who buy your gamepass will be able to chat with AI NPCs! And now that you can have multiple NPCs, you can configure if one, all or none of your NPCs are gamepass gated

:thinking: Wondering if AI NPCs will make your game better? Stop wondering! Test it out, see for yourself, and earn some sweet sweet Robux :money_mouth_face::money_mouth_face:

How To:

1. Create a game pass
  2. Open up DeterminantAI plugin and check “Require Game Pass” and enter in game pass ID

The feature is still in beta, so please bear with us! Happy creating! :sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

Is it publicly available your version mixed with this?

awesome updates! i feel a lot of people will be curious about AI NPCs and be interested in getting a game pass. of course, it would have to be reasonably priced

2 Likes

hi chrono,
thanks for trying out the plugin! we’re giving everyone a limited amount of free AI interactions/ requests per day, but beyond that we would love to partner and see what we can do to uncap/ raise / customize the limits

do you have a game you’re working on currently that we can partner on?

1 Like

do you want multiple players talk to npc at the same time or have a way to reset npc so other players can interact with it?

2 Likes

It would be nice if multiple players talk to the npc at the same time.

3 Likes

Currently our NPCs do not support multi-party chat, will work on incorporating it in the future. Probably need to find an effective method to identify which player an NPC should address.

We have some exciting things in the works! We’ve partnered with a top game to bring AI NPCs to life! More to come in following weeks - stay tuned!

And as always, please DM or Discord for collabs - we’d love to partner!

3 Likes

Could you name some uses for this plugin just besides removing the task for writing dialouge and custom dialouge systems?

Also could we modify to use PlayerGui?

Dynamic conversation grounded to the game environment is good use case because of its understanding of surroundings and game state. Like AI companion in an exploration game.

Furthermore our NPCs can be enhanced in the behavior layer and make intelligent decisions in the game. Some examples include characters in a role playing or simulator game such as staff in the restaurant that can perform certain tasks. It’s still under active development and a lot of components are not fully functional yet. Stay tuned for more updates.

1 Like

What version of OpenAI’s ChatGPT is this based on?

How do you trigger NPC dialouge because this feels like a feature that would be easily built in?

i think you can use it for just about any roleplaying game or simulation game

Ive also seen people use it as giving background information/ lore and I think someone above was using it as a guide for their game

1 Like