UpdateInvalidParts on Microprofiler

When I was testing my game, I started to lag a lot over some time. I checked the MicroProfiler and it showed that “UpdateInvalidParts” was taking most of the processing time. What does this mean?

I’m still not sure whats causing it, I monitored the memory and it seems fine. What does UpdateInvalidParts do?

Honestly, I’ve never heard of that in my life, and after a quick google search, neither has anyone else. I assume it’s a script or method or something that you’ve added yourself, but I wouldn’t know, I’m not too versed with the microprofiler.

Related:

No one really knows what any of the labels on the MicroProfiler mean except if we’re told by someone who does (not many people know aside from engineers). Most of the labels are assumed to be internal and we just have to use our best guesses to determine what each label means and how to counteract it if it has an effect on performance.

This of course does not include developer-created MP labels.

Scripts appear under Worker:runJob I believe. It most likely has to do with parts/stuff in workspace.

@colbert2677 is right. We don’t know much about the labels here. I guess I’ll just have to hope an engineer shows up to this thread lol.