Updates and Changes to the UGC Catalog Application

most youtubers can only get it once they hit 1k subs and meet the requirments for yt but thats when they get the verification badge tho. unlike ugc creators falls into applications ect and all that

2 Likes

When is public UGC coming out? Everyone says it’s already out but I can’t upload items yet.

1 Like

only for a hand full of people right now thats been selected from roblox

3 Likes

In a couple videos I watched it showed a section at the end of the first post on here that said “Ready to apply?”. If you still have the link to the application, can you still apply and will they read it?

1 Like

so far when i did it i never got any response back but let me find the application link and ill send it here and everyone can try it but for me when i applied back in april and resubmitted so far i got no reply in my emails and ive checked everything

hey micah so i found there old post before they expandended so everyone here that wants to see if they can apply off there old post heres the link [CLOSED] UGC Catalog Applications - Now Open! with that said i just tried to click applications and this is what comes up for me

again so far cant even re acesses my applications that i have sent the 1st one in april nor can i gain acesses to the second one that i resubmitted.

1 Like

Hey spider I tried that link and I can’t apply off that one at all buuut…

I found out that for some reason both threads (this and the one you sent) are both formatted VERY similarly, including the part saying “Ready to apply?” buuut… the links for applying are both different for the two threads and they deleted the “Ready to apply?” part on this thread but the link I sent below is what they linked when it used to be there. So, did you ever try applying on this one and, if you did, did it ever have a response?

https://roblox.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_56I0Jyo6Pz3ksUS

UGC Applications are now open - permanently!

They did also state the applications were open permanently in the original post so it probably might work but i don’t know.

4 Likes

i also never got any answered and i applied 1 year ago, roblox its just playing us basicly, and atm the market of UGC is full of crap, it will be very hard to actually make good money with it

2 Likes

Are we still able to enter, although public UGC is coming soon?

Nope, that’s why both threads have the links closed. From my perspective, they closed the applications because they are most likely going to release the update in the coming year, if not within 3-5 months of 2024. Therefore, applications are not needed, as public UGC will be available with premium. If there’s no premium, then you can create UGC

1 Like

Unfortunately, it has been this way for a considerable time now, ever since they stopped the manual selection process. They initially announced it as ‘open permanently,’ but they have now completely removed it. This leads me to believe that public access is likely to be released in the near future, if not within the next few months. From my perspective, this decision makes sense for the company. While I don’t work for Roblox, I can understand the rationale behind it. Why keep applications open when they have a public option that could potentially generate more revenue and provide UGC access to everyone? This way, they can avoid having their employees spend 16 hours a day reviewing 15 applications every three weeks, making UGC available to everyone appears to be a more efficient choice for them.

3 Likes

I think public UGC access will probably come soon as well, probably not even this year knowing my luck but who knows Roblox didn’t publicly announce when they were gonna release public UGC not that I know of, they just said they were going to eventually.

The form works for me and everything, sucks that they probably wont reply because of the Public UGC coming soon, now it seems that everyone that wants to get into the program is going to have to wait months to even get access for it.

5 Likes

How do i apply? There is no link…

They removed it since public UGC is coming soon.

1 Like

how are so many people getting access to it now then?

Similar to the voice chat feature when it came out Roblox gave a few hundred or so people the features to “test it” before they fully released it to anyone having their age verified. Pretty sure this is similar to that which means Public UGC will most likely come soon.

2 Likes

Requirements for public User-Generated Content (UGC) are as follows:

1. You need to have a valid ID.
  2. You need to have a premium subscription.

If you do not possess a premium subscription, you won’t be able to create public UGC. However, there are certain issues associated with it:

1. There will no longer be any free UGC items.
  2. To make copies of the items you wish to sell, you may need to use real money.
  3. An upload fee is also required.

Currently, Roblox has temporarily suspended UGC creation until December, primarily due to issues such as people creating 1:1 exact copies of Roblox items and stealing UGC item copies from other UGC creators. i did use ai to correct this paragraph to make cleaner because i bounce around on here alot it makes it easier to keep paragrahs cleaner.

12 Likes

So ugc creators cannot upload anything til the end of december?

2 Likes

Only UGC creators can upload UGC still, the people who can’t are the people who are using the public UGC.

On topic of Public UGC: I think people with Public UGC & UGC creators will both be able to make Free UGC Limiteds but not Free Normal UGCs cause on a 3rd party website I saw a Free UGC Limited was created today (October 29th) but the last Normal UGC was created 3 days ago (October 26th).

3 Likes

as of rn only ugc creators that are in can. but public wont till roblox decides to drop the update when ever but as of right now roblox itself are not opening anytime soon from what i do know is since everyone is making 1:1 copies of roblox items and stealing other peoples ugc creations thats why its been delayed because of this

9 Likes