Updates - BadgeService3

If you don’t know this module, and if you’re interresed about Free Badges using Data Stores, then this is the post about this module: BadgeService3

Update Log:

1. 1.0.0:
Changes to 1.0.0

Now the module is out of beta!

- Better Data Store method
- Bug fixes
- Stability
- No need for debounces
- Optimized code
- Better support
- Still compatible with the “beta” versions! If you got the old versions, update to the new version now!

• more… that i don’t remember.

Released in:
01/07/2021 – MM/DD/YYYY
07/01/2021 – DD/MM/YYYY

1. 1.1.0
Changes to 1.1.0

Changes to data stores again, should be better compaible with userIds and stuff, anyways, now badges are stored inside a Module inside the Main module called Badges, that’s where you put your badges instead of that variable inside the main module, that was bad, please use the new method, which allows to update the module more easily.

1. 1.2.0

Deprecating UserOwnsBadgeAsync(), in favor of UserOwnsBadge()

If you use this module, please follow this topic.

3 Likes

Important Patch;

On previous versions there was a feature which would try and wait until the previous function was finished, that didn’t really work, so I removed it; It was causing issues if you had client acess to certain functions; sometimes it would lock up, and never go through.

UserOwnsBadgeAsync() is now “deprecated”. It still works fine, but it won’t show on the script editor, instead you should use UserOwnsBadge(), I’ve made this change, because UserOwnsBadgeAsync does not consult datastores everytime you call it, only once. And then only when the player leaves. Meaning it’s not “Async” since it’s not asking anything to an API.

They’re the same function.

I said it quite wrong, I edited the reply, but I went as to say that they’re different functions. No, they’re the same. “ASync” just made the function longer and harder to type. Also it isn’t that, because it doesn’t require any API’s when you call it.

BadgeService3 was replaced by this v2, please use that instead.

If you absolutely need the older version, let me know. Please try to migrate to this version instead. It will take a bit, but it’s easy enough.