Uploading videos to Roblox?

Hey developers! I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get onto the whitelist for video uploads!

I own a Movie Theater Group where all movies are contributed by the community, and since the release of VideoFrames I have prepared the game for video format Ads and Movies. I think it would be great if I was able to begin uploading original movies in video format.

Is there a way I can apply or join the program? Thanks!

4 Likes

I think people in the UGC program and big game devs I THINK

2 Likes

I doubt that Roblox will start an application system for uploading videos before they’ve released it to the public. That would use time resources for something only temporary.

However, it shouldn’t be too long a wait!

4 Likes

Currently only Roblox staff can upload videos.

3 Likes

There isn’t a way to get whitelisted to have the abilities to upload videos. Nope, there is no way to upload videos to the platform at the moment as there hasn’t been an official release date on when users will be able to upload, therefore there is no way to upload content to the website.

I don’t necessarily think a program would be an option when it comes to uploading your own video content to the platform, but you could always use the videos Roblox provides you with. The questions you have in mind can be answered in the thread itself. Simply you should stay tuned when more information get’s pushed out in the future. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

it shouldn’t be too long a wait!

3 Years later… Still nothing.

4 Likes

3 Years and a few months later. And we… don’t got it still. COME ON ROBLOX! I need to be able to add video clips for soooo many of my games. At this point it just feels like Roblox is stifling my creativity, not helping it.

4 Likes

Creator Roadmap - AMA with Dan and Manuel - #133 :smiling_imp: