[RESOLVED] Game just shows a black screen

[URGENT REPLY NEEDED]

Upon joining my airport game that my developers have been working on, I am presented with a black screen, which can be seen in the screenshot below. We tried reverting the game to an older version, which worked (I will post a screenshot of when I reverted and the issue disappeared), but today when I rejoined, the issue reappeared and I was confused. This has only started to appear recently. We have tried going through scripts and GUIs and deleting them, but it hasn’t helped at all. If you attempt to respawn yourself, the black screen will disappear for half a second and then return. Sometimes upon joining, you are not presented with the black screen, but if you respawn yourself or change teams, it will automatically reappear. If someone knows something about the issue, please get back to me urgently!

have you used ANY free model? they could be making a gui and putting it into the player. Even with a server script

He used free models. I can already see some.

1 Like

Even if they are free models (I don’t know if they are), it can’t be the issue since they have been used for over a year now.

It can, as if the free model uses require() system, it’s not really a process for the hacker to change the script for every game that got infected

I recommend to check every single script in your game…

Will tell my developers to do so.

I’m having a similar issue, and one thing that helped me was setting the graphics quality to 1.
If it’s the same for you, then it must be something with Roblox itself, since, at least for me, it happens in every game that has lighting set to Future.

Future lighting has been glitchy lately. A few weeks ago, a bug report was filed about lights being flickering. The issue was resolved, yet I still get the issue on my end.

In studio join the game and go to: players > your user > playergui

then check every screengui and everything in it, it may take a while. If you find a frame thats black and fills the screen then thats your issue.

Alternatively you can remove all the free models as building a game with freemodels that have scripts in is very risky and not good. Try to only use freemodels that dont have scripts.

If it still happens then its probally a issue with studio and you can post this to the roblox studio problems topic and get help there

My game broke with the recent issues Roblox had this morning… all UIs are messed up, teleporting is glitchy and the character spawns away from their avatar in the center of the map with no controls. Before this morning, it all worked FLAWLESSLY, so i believe it has to do with the recent avatar issues from few hours ago:

https://devforum.roblox.com/t/roblox-status-2-weeks-with-an-unsolved-problem/1970016/7

You should try testing your game with a dummy rig as the starter character to make sure it’s not your game.

1 Like

It has resumed working again all by itself… after the roblox avatar issues have resolved.

If it is a problem that is not related to the script or Gui, then probably Future lighting bug.
This bug is working on in game or in studio (It’s a pretty annoying bug ;/ ) If you go in game setting and set graphics quality low, then you can see well.
We need to wait Roblox fix this problem. I hope it gets fixed soon.

1 Like

Yeah, I sent a bug report about this some time back, but after reading over this, it’s the same issue I was having. You can fix it by setting your lighting technology to anything but “future”, like “voxel” until it is fixed. I was playing another game, Doors, and the whole screen was black in the lobby. I knew right away what was wrong, had to turn down detail settings to see what was on the screen. :laughing:

My issue has been resolved thanks to @bytechan

The issue was a script in the DepartureBoards folder in workspace, named Controller
which, after waiting for 5 seconds, inserted a black screen into StarterGui