User Ads: Cannot stop ad without removing

Hello developers and staff,

I’ve encountered a minor bug on the Roblox website. If you run a User ad, the only way to stop it running is to Remove Ad. The green button does nothing when clicked.

By “User Ads”, I mean to say that I’ve only encountered this on my account. I’m unsure if group ads also have this same issue.

5 Likes

Not to discount the bug, but why would you ever want to stop ads? If the game you advertised suddenly breaks?

3 Likes

Exactly. You don’t want players coming to a broken game and you don’t want to remove the ad from your profile to have to re-upload it.

Plus I’m sure that the button was intended to allow you to stop the ad, but it no longer does for whatever reason.

3 Likes

In a large percentage of the cases, if the game suddenly breaks I imagine the developer would revert to a working version, and would not need to cancel the ad

3 Likes

For sure, but there will be cases where a developer launched a game that has a game-breaking bug they didn’t foresee, so they wish to shut it down before it gets a ton of thumbs down

2 Likes

Context

3 Likes

You haven’t been able to cancel ads since the beginning iirc.

2 Likes

This is not a bug. This is just a feature that does not exist. If you want it to change, please make a web feature request.

2 Likes

I filed it as a bug because a staff member told me to file it as a bug. This is a bug.

2 Likes

This is not a bug, the staff member had probably made a mistake, user ads have always been this way, it would’ve been fixed by now if it wasn’t intentional, since user ads have existed for about 8-9 now.

2 Likes

The green Running button used to have this functionality in the past few years but somewhere along the way it stopped working.

4 Likes