User Payout Eligibility API Always Returns Empty Eligibility Table

Reproduction Steps

1. Go to a group you own’s “Revenue” - > “Payouts” - > “One-time Payout” section.
2. Click the “Add Payout Recipients” button.
3. Type in your username and select your avatar.

Device Info

• User agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
  • Platform Type: PC
  • Device Type: Computer

Expected Behavior

I would expect to be able to select my user and successfully pay out my own user as I own the groups, the groups are 4+ years old & I’ve been able to pay myself out in the past.

Actual Behavior

Workaround

Using the group payouts API via the groups API documentation page, I was able to successfully payout my account.

Issue Area: Roblox Website
Page URL: https://economy.roblox.com/v1/groups/4268483/users-payout-eligibility?userIds=624401150
Impact: Moderate
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-07-13 05:07:00 (-04:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-07-13 00:07:00 (-04:00)
A private message is associated with this bug report

20 Likes

I’m having the same problem. This group has been created 3 years ago, and I just tried paying out myself and it says I am not eligible for payouts (even though I’m the owner). I also tried to test for another player besides myself, and it says the same thing even though they’ve been in the group way longer than the eligibility period. Roblox this is an urgent issue you need to fix IMMEDIATELY, devs can’t pay people. If you can’t correctly regulate this feature, then remove it.

7 Likes

They should honestly just remove it, most of the playerbase hate it and it doesn’t even protect anything.

4 Likes

I hate how the funds have to be verified as legitimate, but then they assume that the legitimate funds are used for scam purposes? I was worried this error was something only happening to me but it seems it is a common error, so I hope it gets fixed.

1 Like

This issue appears to be resolved, the API is now returning eligibility data as expected.

2 Likes