Using a force to move a part to a point at a constant speed

I tried everything honestly, and I don’t know how to do it. BodyPosition works but it’s not constant (slows down upon reaching the point). How do I do this with Velocity, or other forces that will get me to a point at a constant speed.

--forward movement with velocity
local speed = 1
part.Velocity = part.CFrame.lookVector * speed

@codyorr4, I think he means by constantly moving in a certain direction with the same speed basically, no startup/acceleration or deceleration, constant speed.

If you want it to be constant though, why can’t you just use Tweens with Linear and move it that way unless theres a reason for it to be unanchored and use velocity? @BigsStudio

1 Like

when he says constant he means “not slowing down when it gets close to a part”

and tweening projectiles is not the way to go, is this for a projectile? or just a simple part?

Hey, sorry for bumping but I literally had the same issue and nobody can answer it. To be honest I looked through the whole dev forum and asked multiple people, I need to move a boat at the constant rate WITHOUT it declearting or accelerating down. It’s a “click to drive” system

All the posts above are not reading the title. The dude’s asking for constant speed using FORCES and VELOCITIES.

Stop suggesting Tweens.

But yes, the purpose of the question would help to answer it.
Does anyone have an idea on sustaining constant speed through vectorforces though?

1 Like

Try using AlignPosition and tweak with the properties until you’re satisfied

I asked the same question later and got an answer.
You would have to implement dragForce to counteract the natural acceleration to your body through the moveForce, you can read more about it here:

1 Like

if you consistently loop the body position, you could achieve something.