Using clickdetectors while tool is selected

A game I’m working on requires that clickdetectors be used while tools are equipped. I’ve seen this implemented in other games, but no conclusive resources on how to do it. is there any straightforward way to implement this?

1 Like

This might be a thing you won’t want to use clickdetector in roblox
You might want to use mouse, or user input service
Edit : You might want to anchor the tools if you really want to use the clickdetector, but that’s up to you

1 Like

What exacly do you mean? Are you trying to say when the player equipped the tool the ClickDetector is enabled?

1 Like

This is correct.
I was figuring I mght have to use userinputservice + remote events or some other hack to get it to work, but figured I’d ask here first to see if there’s a simpler way.

2 Likes

You wouldn’t HAVE to. There are ways you can do this purely on the server side such as a array that houses the player’s usernames and just get the player’s index and set it to true when the tool is equipped and back to false on unequipped and check if the boolean is true when the click detector is clicked.

This is just one of many ways you could do it, this is just the first thought that crossed my mind is all.