Using :GetNetworkPing() to get players ping

This should be put in #resources:community-tutorials since this doesn’t give you any resources for development work.

Thanks! Just moved it over to the correct section now. Bit of an oversight on my part

Note that this claim could be potentially be misleading, calculating the result of a two-way trip by just multiplying a one-way trip is kind of a heuristic at best.

The best comparison I can think of would be if you were a package deliverer and you need to to get a relatively precise amount of time that it takes to go to and from your destination. If you just take how long it took to get to your goal, that doesn’t account for traffic stops, red lights, other distractions, etc. on the way back.

Delivering packets is a very similar idea, mostly due to sudden slowdowns. So a multiplied version of this function to determine the player’s round-trip latency wouldn’t be very accurate overall. instead you would probably be better off only using this as a measure of the client’s outgoing latency.

1 Like

Why does this return 0 for me?

Are you in a game?

Try doing game.Players.LocalPlayer instead of your username (it might be a lock thing)

Got it to work. Thanks a lot!(character limit)