Using local video files for videoframes!

So, stated here: https://developer.roblox.com/en-us/articles/Content

It says to get a asset file from the user content directory you must use:

rbxasset://

which I have, but it doesn’t work, it doesn’t say it cant find it or request failed but It just doesn’t play, I can imagine you can use local files for videoframes, SINCE! when clonetrooper made a studio master exe thingy that made you get access to videoframes, well, that used, the localfiles, so imguessing I should be able to do this!

Inside the video property in my videoframe I have set it to this: rbxasset://robloxx.mp4

in which I have the video in my content directory, please help me with this!

1 Like

Hello @Skiloopski!! VideoFrames are still in Beta and are only Limited to this Collection of Videos that are approved and made by Roblox. I believe that Local files for Videoframes will be a future feature but right now you can’t. You can see more info on Videoframes here: Introducing Videos in the Marketplace!.

Also, Happy Birthday!!

2 Likes

alright thanks! ( charssssssssssssss )

You can, just type in rbxasset://yourfile.webm

only works for you.

You need to put the video in your roblox content folder

it needs to be a webm video, cant be an mp4

I already knew this, but I’ll be putting your answer as a solution for now, as it seems videoframes has been a dead topic for a while… your answer is the closest solution. Videoframes still aren’t even anywhere close to being released as a UGC-like marketplace. Roblox has been quiet for over a year.

-Ski-

just wondering if this is working for anyone since it isn’t proving much luck for me. I believe I am doing it correctly using webm videos in the Roblox content folder and referencing it with rbxasset://Video.webm however it isn’t loading at all. Is this just disabled for now or am I doing something wrong?

It appears to be working fine for me, try making sure the video has a resolution of 720p and an aspect ratio of 16:9.

If I may ask are you viewing it in studio or ingame and do studio and the ingame client share the same content folder?

rbxasset only functions in Studio

So is it meant to be formatted like that because it still isn’t loading for some reason.
I feel like I’m missing something really obvious.
The video is 720p at 16:9

Just a shot in the dark, try making “Test” lowercase. I feel like it would make sense because all the folders are in lowercase.

Edit: The video doesn’t actually play unless you use Playtest, which may be your problem.

Rip, still nothing. I might try re-installing studio. At worst it wont really matter that much since I just want to play around with it.

I think you put it in the wrong folder, put it in the version folder with “StudioFonts”.

Yeah, I think I did. I just reinstalled studio and now there is a studio folder alongside the player one… I have no idea why it wasn’t there before?
Also would this sorta work on the player client as long as they have the referenced file in their content folder. Since it would kinda be like the sounds and textures.

Its working now also.