Using :PivotTo()

1. What do you want to achieve? Keep it simple and clear!
    I’d like to move the player model

2. What is the issue? Include screenshots / videos if possible!
    I’m already using model:PivotTo() but i’m not sure if i should use this on the client or the server, i would like someone to just quickly explain this to me as im already able to use it and am not having any problems

3. What solutions have you tried so far? Did you look for solutions on the Developer Hub?
    i’m already using this in local scripts, but i’m not sure if it is safe

1 Like

You can do characterModel.Position. It doesn’t sound possible to me since I remember positioning models had to be used by using CFrame.

PlayerCharacter:PivotTo(CF) – Change “PlayerCharacter” to the player’s character model, and “CF” to the CFrame which you want the character to be relocated to.

Doing it from local scripts doesn’t really matter anyways, because even if you handled it on the server an exploiter could still relocate their character with an executor. I’m not really sure why you would think it wasn’t “secure” at all.

3 Likes

Hi, personally I would use PlayerCharacter:PivotTo(Target:GetPivot())

1 Like

Good to know and thanks for explaining, I will be using them in locals from now on.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.