Using the Roblox Api On Glitch.com!(proxy) - A long tutorial (Noblox.js wrapper and Cookie less)

Nice tutorial! It goes very in-depth in the code which is exactly how a tutorial should be. I’m sure that lots of people will earn from this tutorial :slight_smile:

I have a question:

What would be the use-case for using express to create a seperate endpoint rather than using noblox.js directly?

What I mean:

const noblox = require("noblox.js")

async function getOwnership() {
   const ownership = await noblox.getOwnership(1, 1402432199)
   return ownership
}

console.log(ownership)

Why would we go through the process of using express.js rather than using noblox.js directly like above?

1 Like

Express is the web framework that allows for HTTP requests to be sent to the API. noblox.js on the other hand is just a wrapper for the Roblox API.

1 Like

I’m aware of what they both are, but that doesn’t really answer my question given that noblox already handles the HTTP requests for you, hence the name “api wrapper”

1 Like

express allows you to do multiple functions on the same glitch page as you can just change the url. You could do it how you said but that would mean making loads of profjects/functions and then needing to access the via roblox httpService would be very hard

noblox.js only interacts with the Roblox API. Express handles the requests to the Glitch project.

1 Like

Ah, you’re referring to making a proxy. That makes sense.

Your title says using the roblox api on glitch, not on Studio.

I know what express does.

1 Like

Ok I will change the title to say it is a proxy

Hey there!

This is a great tutorial! Very helpful, and to the point, however I have leading questions for you.

1. Is this supported for real-time interaction?
    → If so, you may want to use a different host provider, as Glitch is overly filled with traffic. Sending a POST/GET from ROBLOX < - > Glitch yields up to 2 minutes.

2. If it isn’t supported, how long does it take for a request?
    → When sending a GET to glitch, how long is the response time?

1 Like

I currently use glitch for a group shout bot and it has about a 1-2 second delay. So idk how you get 2 mins wait

1 Like

Very interesting. I was just toying around with Glitch recently past day/or two, and was receiving yielded responses from glitch. Had roblox sent a GET to the site, and it either will yield or timeout.

+OP For the tutorial anyways

1 Like

Thanks first time making also I am planning to a release a script on mobile plugin which utilizes the glitch website.

1 Like

As long as you have lightning fast responses, you should be all set to go. Great release, and will stay tuned for updates.

1 Like

In your previous post, you asked why Express is used instead of noblox.js directly.

1 Like

(post deleted by author)

PSA: Stop using Roblox proxies! (roproxy, rprxy.xyz, rprxy) have you tried looking at this

1 Like

It doesn’t just work on glitch, it also works on replit if you type in these at the shell bar

npm install noblox.js
npm install express

As a replit user, Please add some information that it also works on replit :wink: though it’s mainly about preference than anything

Roblox GET requests have a timeout as well so there will always be a yielding time

you are correct however it can be useful to create multiple glitch accounts and multiple projects and a math.random to choose with project to use this is for ratelimits if your game is large, this is what roproxy does

1 Like

Is glitch.com safe? I have code that requires .ROBLOSECURITY cookie for some stuff, but when I execute the code sometimes I get logged of from my account and it says there is a new log in in Virginia, USA…

well as long as you put the cookie in the .env section it should be all safe and protected. I personally have had no issues with it