[V2.0.6] Slider Class - Create Sliders With Ease!

works great on PC but doesnt work on mobile

Hmm, that’s quite weird, last time I checked it worked on mobile, let’s discuss this further in pms?

Been a while since I updated this (no ideas tbh), anyways.

Update V2.0.2

:new: News :new:

• Added plugin support. (CoreGui isn’t yet supported, only DockWidgetPluginGui.)
1 Like

Finally some good update, Now I can use it for my upcoming Deprecated Checker Plugin (will cost 1750 robux when released), also it’s like a month since you updated this

1 Like

Good luck on finishing it!

No ideas on what to add so ya. I was making another local plugin and needed sliders in there so decided to add it support for it.

1 Like

Added instructions in the post to tell you how to make it work in plugins!

How did you add plugin support? I tried to make sliders in plugins, but mouse events do not work.

there’s a method called GetRelativeMousePosition that’s in PluginGuis (like DockWidgetPluginGui), so I just check if a widget was passed as an argument and if so, call the method, if not, get the normal mouse position from LocalPlayer:GetMouse(). It’s pretty simple.

1 Like

What would be the Mouse.Move alternative though?

There you can just use the normal mouse object but get the plugin-only one:

local mouse = plugin:GetMouse()

That’s a normal mouse but the position doesn’t work in PluginGuis so that’s why I used that method.

1 Like

Update V2.0.3

:bug: bug fixes :bug:

• CoreGui errors
  • Plugin errors

• New function for using the plugin in CoreGui! Finally, full plugin support.
2 Likes

Update V2.0.4

• Position errors.

• Using the slider with canLeaveFrame set to false works completely fine now.

Big thanks to @planetville for pointing out this issue.

1 Like
local SlideInfo = v.SlideInfo.SliderData

local Slider = v.UIToClone:Clone()
Slider.Name = i
Slider.Amount.Text = SlideInfo.DefaultValue
Slider.Title.Text = v.DisplayName

Slider.Parent = script.Parent

local Properties = {
	values = {min = SlideInfo.Start, max = SlideInfo.End},
	defaultValue = SlideInfo.DefaultValue,
	step = SlideInfo.Increment,
	xboxStep = SlideInfo.Increment,
}

local Slide = SlideMod.new(Slider.Holder.Slider, Properties)

Slide.moved:Connect(function(forced : boolean?)
	Slider.Amount.Text = math.round(Slide:GetValue())
end)

Slide:Enable()

whenever I run this, it doesn’t slide when I click and drag, and it doesn’t error, not sure what I’m doing wrong.

Could it maybe have to do with the distance being too large for it? (this test I’m going from 10k to 1 million in steps of 5k)
Edit: just tried going from 10k to 100k in steps of 5k, and no luck so I doubt that’s the problem

Hi! Thanks for using the module. Can you send a place file or steps on how to replicate this issue?

1 Like

not sure what I could do to elaborate, as I’ve given as much information as I currently have, it prints that there is in fact a connection to the moved event(albeit it can’t print it properly so it just says *cannot read value as a string).

It could be because of the AnchorPoint being .5, .5 on the slider, but I doubt that would do it, lemme pull it out of my project and see if there’s some other thing messing with it, and if not, I’ll send the place file and you can see if you can figure out what’s going on.

Edit : new place didn’t fix it, here’s the bare bones copy. I hope you can figure out either what I’m doing wrong, or what you possibly did wrong when making the module(coulda been freaking roblox being roblox and breaking it too though)

SlideModulePlace.rbxl (78.6 KB)

I asked for a place file to make sure you haven’t mistakenly switched any of the values.

I’ve found out, it’s a bug in the module, I did something wrong when getting the value for rounding, it’s fixed now and the module will be updated, just adding some more minor edits. Will inform you when it’s updated, thanks for spotting the bug!

1 Like

Update V2.0.5

• Error with rounding values at large steps. Thanks again @gwenniekins!
  • Fixed SetPluginMouse type, it wasn’t being displayed correctly and thus wasn’t being recommended by intellisense.
  • Used generic types for signals.
1 Like

thanks for fixing that, also just so you know, you left prints on lines 166 and 255 of the initial module that spam output whenever you use the slider, so may consider removing those real quick

Your welcome.
Oops, will fix it right away, thanks for pointing it out!

1 Like

hey it’s me again, I’ve found yet another bug, when you have moveToMouse = true, anywhere you click along the X axis lined up with the slider it will move to whichever end is closer, even if you’re not clicking within the slider area(I assume you have the scaling a lil messed up), not sure if this is intended or not.

I’m sure you just love me for how many issues I’ve found with this so far :slight_smile: (I promise I’m not trying lol)