[v3!] TopbarPlus v3.0.0 | Construct intuitive topbar icons; customise them with themes, dropdowns, captions, labels and much more

Hi
Roblox has started a partial rollout of the new topbar menu. Does V3 support both the old and new topbars? I.e. can we use it now, or should we wait for the full rollout?

Hey, Unsure if this was reported by anyone but I couldn’t find any posts of this little bug here. (Using V3)

When emulating a console or playing on a console, the positions of the UI’s are set outside the screen.

Hard to see it on this image, but you can see the selection line of the UI.

(This image is what is presumed to be what’s intended)

3 Likes

V3 does support both. I have it in my game and it displays the proper theme depending on if you have the new top bar.

2 Likes

Really hyped for the v3 release, also could someone tell me how to make a dropdown inside another dropdown

1 Like

Hey! I’m experimenting with V3 and was wondering what the replacements for iconController.clearIconOnSpawn(button) and button:setProperty("deselectWhenOtherIconSelected", false) are? My game relies on these heavily.

UPDATE: I’ve written by own workaround for iconController.clearIconOnSpawn(button) but including it as an actual method would be a nice touch! A feature that only lets you open one dropdown at a time (closing the others) would be nice as well – there’s too much overlap.

button:setProperty("deselectWhenOtherIconSelected" is just icon:autoDeselect(false) if anyone else had the same question.

4 Likes

Will the new v3 be backwards compatible or do we have to make changes to our code?

iconController.clearIconOnSpawn(button)

Checking The Icon Properties There is No IconController In The Icon Properties Or The Codes.
But When You Place Right On Your Custom Topbar Code. Reseting Works With Topbar Its Toggleable

Can I ask what’s your use for clearIconOnSpawn? I’ve introduced automatic support for GUIs with ResetOnSpawn set to true for v3 (which this function was originally designed to fix) so no longer have purpose for it’s original use.

v3 is backwards compatible with almost all methods, the only major change which isn’t are themes which are now completely different.

I’ve been playing around with this in studio and I get the impression this is an issue with studio’s console emulator, correct me if I’m wrong though

Hi, and pretty much was epic said, v3’s appearance changes according to whether your game has the old or new topbar (example images higher up in the thread)

1 Like

Hi, I found a small bug, the HD admin button doesn’t seem to work with V3, when players click on it nothing happens and they also can’t access ;banland and ;ranks

I’ve utilized Topbar Plus a lot on my game and because of the fact you completely rewrote Topbar Plus it would take a good amount of time to adjust onto my project. Is there a way I can adjust Topbar Plus to work well with the experience controls without having to use your new module?

Can I ask what’s your use for clearIconOnSpawn? I’ve introduced automatic support for GUIs with ResetOnSpawn set to true for v3 (which this function was originally designed to fix) so no longer have purpose for it’s original use.

I use it for a hat remover/uniform giver that needs to automatically refresh when the player respawns (to see if the options have changed). My workaround just indexes the holder in TopbarStandard and deletes the old icon, while creating a new one.

I can confirm that it isn’t one of those “studio exclusive” issues. I published my game while experimenting with v3, and started receiving bug reports about the menu on the buttons not appearing on Xbox, but still appeared on any other device.
Discord report

(for context, we typically have a button on the top left for players to open a menu. this photo was taken after the publish, which was running v3)

1 Like

Do you plan to work on zone plus in the future or do you think its as perfect as it can be?

Probably a stupid question, but will we get an updated video with the release of V3?

HD Admin will be using v3 once released :+1:

The only future supported package will be v3 I’m afraid. If you share details of your modifications I could maybe provide guiders

Thanks for sharing. Instead of this (because this only destroys the instance, not the icon object itself), I’d recommend doing either one of two for now:

local icons = Icon.getIcons()
for _, icon in pairs(icons) do
   icon:destroy()
end

or placing your localscript within a ScreenGui with ResetOnSpawn set to true

Thanks for the details and screenshot, this is really helpful. This is on the top of my notes so I’ll look at what’s causing this from tomorrow.

Not something I’m arranging, but if somebody else wants to after release and after the docs are up, that’d be awesome, and if I like it I’ll make it the new tutorial at the top of the post.

4 Likes

Will TopbarPlus UI still be scaled properly with the new roblox ui’s rolling out?

New Ui’s:

how’s V3 progress now? is it close to release?

Hello, i really enjoy the style and design of the new model, although im experiencing this issue with mobile buttons (and only mobile) becoming compressed / hidden. the other two buttons are hidden, and i only have a few buttons. This error only happens around 75% of the time

How its supposed to look

How it looks in game

https://gyazo.com/a7f3d4ed416b37b9f5abc3a4009bb518

Client output log:

1 Like

How would i put the topbar next to the new Roblox ui? what is the position

1 Like