VectorForce - Where the heck is InverseSquareLaw?

Don’t know if this fits into this category, but in the post about vectorforces and new bodymovers (which came out like 2-3 years ago) it says something about a property that vectorforce has “inversesquarelaw,” and I want to use it for some gravity manipulation, but I am not sure if roblox forgot to add it or just thought it wasn’t needed because: It is not there!

So can somebody pinch me and tell me what is going on, or if everyone doesn’t know?

1 Like

Your right in that VectorForce does not have the inverse square law property. It’s the LineForce that has the inverse square law property.

If your looking to use inverse square law property to simulate a gravitational field, you need to use a line force. Inverse Square law is related a distance, VectorForces don’t have a distance, LineForces do, hence it’s only a property of the LineForce.

Ok, thanks!

But why did it say that VectorForce had the property in the post? (I SWEAR it did)

This post?

I mix up the new body movers all the time, don’t worry about. The memory can be a fickle thing.

Yeah. UristMcSparks says that it has the inversesquarelaw property
Edit: Oh wait lol nvm I got confused while reading the post in which section it was said in! Thanks for telling me which one has that property.