Vehicle Seat steer and throttle getting stuck

Reproduction Steps
Simply spawn a vehicle in Brookhaven. Can be produce on mobile but easier on PC. Once sitting in vehicle very quicky hit A & D keys back and forth for a few seconds and stop. Vehicle will continue to vibrate back and forth even though there is no more input. It will end after a few seconds.

It can also be reproduced with hitting the W & S Keys in the exact same format above but instead of vibrating it will move the vehicle without any input, eventually stopping after a few seconds.

Expected Behavior
Expecting after input ends for vehicle seat throttle and steering to end.

Actual Behavior
In these videos I am only hitting the keys / inputting keystrokes for the 1st second. I then stop any input, but the vehicle continues outputting signal. Watch the vehicle properties to see it continue on its own.

Workaround
No

Issue Area: Engine
Issue Type: Other
Impact: Very High
Frequency: Constantly
Date First Experienced: 2022-03-15 00:03:00 (-06:00)
Date Last Experienced: 2022-03-22 00:03:00 (-06:00)

6 Likes

A thread for this exists

1 Like

Just to add on, I’ve already done my own analysis in the thread mentioned above but just in case someone from Roblox reads this I’ll bring over some points of what I found.

• It happens irrespective of client lag, however it is much easier to initiate the bug with lag.
  • It happens on any input device (tested with Gamepad and bugs on that too with flicks of the stick.)
  • It is directly caused when quickly setting (and returning to 0) Throttle and/or Steer or their Float values in turn in which the Player’s Vehicle Controller in the Control module does but of course isn’t limited to that.
  • The values are “overcorrected” / oscillating serverside and stops even when the player gets out.
  • More than likely, it happens thanks to networking complications due to Throttle and Steer not being FE-respective, however I could be completely wrong on that speculation.

Considering this bug is old yet kind of deal breaking for using vehicle seats on occasion, I’d really like to see it fixed.

Edit: The bug has finally been reported in Roblox’s internal database! Let’s hope it becomes fixed soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report. We are aware of this issue and we are working on it. For more updates on this issue, please follow this thread: VehicleSeat Throttle/Steer oscillation on single tap of an input key during frame lag

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.