Verified Accounts option

Would be an option in group settings.

Kind Regards,
-HeadlessHorror

13 Likes

If this is a way to prevent the bot accounts from joining groups by the thousands, it won’t work, unfortunately. Many of those bot accounts create a temporary email and automatically verify themselves.

This would also prevent a decent amount of casual players from joining a group and does not seem to serve any benefit. Could you possibly explain more to be more persuasive?

5 Likes

I’m fairly certain that all users should be verified. Even casual users. Many features are already blocked for non-verified users, such as messaging and forum posting.

Bots already verify themselves. Requested change would be ineffective.

devforum.roblox.com/t/add-a-captcha-to-the-comments-section/29070/57

Okay. Thanks.

Could slow it down.

If it didn’t slow comment bots down, it won’t slow group botting down.

1 Like

Comment Bots are very different in concept - you can use the same comment bot to post on a hundred games, but you can only join a group once.

This isn’t even an issue how how many accounts they can create though. Groups that have been member botted have already shown that exploiters are capable of creating tons and tons of accounts, as already clarified in the staff quote I linked. Adding verification is only a matter of how many of these accounts they can verify, which is all of them, as also clarified in the staff quote I linked.