[VERSION 3.2] Bubbly Chat! [Now uses the new bubbles!]

Ever wanted to set the players bubblechat color, but not set everyone elses?

Look no further I have a model you’ll enjoy!

(Do note that features such as full font support and textbox image swapping is only supported in 2.0, currently 1.0 only has coloring support, the version used in this video is 3.0 but it still gives off the basic idea)

3.0 CURRENTLY DROPS SUPPORT FOR BACKGROUND IMAGE CHANGING, BUT IF ENOUGH REQUESTS COME IN I CAN CHANGE IT, BUT FEEL FREE TO ADD IT IN YOURSELF IF ITS A MUST

This allows for many uses cases such as…

1. Making a gamepass badge for bubblecolor
  2. Admin/Mod colored tags!
  3. Perhaps a award for finding a nice item or playing a long time!

As of making this model, the current chat while better… lacks the ability to set colors and fonts for specific players, you wanna set it? it sets them for all,
so I made this by fishing out a older chatscript, fixing some issues up and making it free for public use, in monetized or non monetized games. (3.0 now uses newer chat bubbles)

Setup is simple, just put it in the right spots, I named each folder where they should go, extract the contents and BOOM, make sure to turn off team bubble chat if you want to edit players manually.

Don’t worry about the old issue of the chatbubble being cut off either, as I took the time to fix that up, so it shouldn’t do that anymore! (math was off lolol) (For versions 2.0 and lower)

Do note it can be changed locally, but the effects won’t replicate to other clients, only serversided changes will replicate.

ORIGINAL RELEASE 1.0 VALUE BASED

ATTRIBUTE BASED 2.0 (More features + using attributes + bug fixes)

NEW BUBBLES 3.0 (EXPANDED FEATURES / SOMEWHAT BACKWARDS COMPATIBILITY)

TEXTURES FOR BUBBLE IMAGE SWAPPING (Least tested but added in for fun)
Textures.zip (1.0 KB)

Use this as you want, you do not need to give credit but it would be nice.

31 Likes

This is good but we already have the new bubble-chat system that allows you to customize the style of the bubble

1 Like

New bubblechat system does not allow for per player color customization, it only allows for everyone to be changed at once, this is for people who want to have per player color customization,

EX:

Gamepasses, or admin/mod bubbles, or maybe if someone wanted a player to be awarded a custom bubble color!

Or if they simply like the old bubbles and want them to be customizable.
It also has a default mode that just goes by teamcolor.

Of course if roblox adds their own version of this functionality I’d recommend using the newer bubblechat, but for now this is just a workaround.

5 Likes

If any bugs arise please also inform me, but from my testing there wasn’t really any lag or any major bugs that stop it from working.

NEW UPDATE:
Since attributes are released I have gone ahead and released version 2 of this script, not too much has changed but it has swapped over from value objects to attributes, of course if you’re not a scripter this won’t change at all.
I have left 1.0 incase you do not for some reason wish to use attributes.

2.0 should now have full support for any font, alongside being able to swap the bubbles images per player.

Textures.zip (1.0 KB)
(DEFAULT TEXTURES RIPPED/EDITED FOR USE WITH CUSTOM BUBBLE IMAGES)

1 Like

It seems this is not needed anymore, thanks for anyone who used it… now that the new update is out this fork has lost all of its use.

New idea for the newest update to bubble chat, version 3 may come out soon reflecting this.

NEW UPDATE FOR VERSION 3: uses the new roblox bubble colors and is way more stable since.

1 Like

HOTFIX 3.1: It should now be properly displaying sorry about that, also added transparency.

I see that you added team support, but what about a specific player? If I wanted to add just a Creator of the game, how would you go about doing this with your chat system?

Using the advanced mode you can do this, check the script for documentation.

You can use the UserID of a person to give them specific attributes that would adjust their colors, you could alternatively set the owner to another teamcolor with the default mode to gain the same effect, with less control.

Thank you for the tutorial! :smile:

1 Like

No problem, 3.0 was made kinda in a rush but it shouldn’t have any major issues, previous versions still work as well if needed.

1 Like

Version 3.2 : Added support for max and min distance for bubbles, fixed some typos and added a example to change the color of a specific player, name for disabling tail slightly altered.

The setup guide wasn’t really helpful, no where to put the module in chat folder?

Just drop it in, thats all you need to do after you extract it, its all setup in the same format, drag n drop in whatever the folder was named.

You sure about that?

BG is still white even after changed to blue?

Bubble chat team color is still on, which disables advanced mode, right now yours only responds to teamcolor due to this, also do note if u want changes to be seen by everyone attributes changed on the server only will be see-able by others, elsewise it’ll “fake” a color, due to how filtering enabled works. image I wish I could properly organize them better but attributes are kinda ugly atm, but very much more useful.

Hey, i dont how to exactly describe it but with Team Colored BubbleChat the bubblechat is different to without team colored bubblechat even if I have the same background color.
Without Team Colored Bubblechat the transparency goes down. How can i fix it?

Without Team Colored BubbleChat

With Team Colored BubbleChat