Very laggy game/game crashes

I can’t really give any pointers for reducing part count without seeing the game in Studio, which I won’t ask to, but try to find duplicated parts inside parts.

we have a lot of wooden parts that span across the whole track

In jailbreak for the wooden parts they used decals instead of parts.

Do u know how we would make a texture that will work for the track and on what applicationsdo you recommend?

You could try some of the following:

• Unioning Backdrop parts used as a sort of horizon and setting their collision fidelity to box or turning them off altogether along with setting their render fidelity to performance.
  • Make sure there aren’t unnecessary parts/instances in inaccessible areas
  • Streaming Enabled
  • Try to minimize physics objects
  • Simple in house made optimization systems to unrender chunks of the map when being loaded is unnecessary. An example of this system would be having would be having 2,4,8 chunks of the map depending on the size of the map that can be unloaded and reloaded, this could cause lag spikes while getting switched out but would result in better overall performance.

These are some simple methods to up performance. However, there’s definitely some excess parts depending on the size of the map considering how insane of a part count that is.

Thanks everyone!, i will convert a few things to mesh and use textures and decals instead of parts!

Hi. It’s hard to see what the issue is without looking at the game.

Have you got a link to the game? If not feel free to PM me and I’ll help you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

we have restarted our game (redid everything), and it hasn’t been published on roblox yet, so you will have to look on roblox studio, do you have discord? that would be easier for me and my developers to talk with!

Yeah sure here’s my Discord:

Toby#1000