VideoFrame Movie Theatre

The lighting coming out of the screen makes it seem like it is an actual theater screen. If you were to add chairs to make it like a movie theater, you might want to line lights along the aisles. And also make it like an actual cinema where you can slowly descend from the top. So like the front row is lower and the top row is at the top. You might want to have a script where there are lights which will turn on once the movie is over.

Just giving some suggestions you can put into your build

2 Likes

I just used the looped property in the properties editor, didn’t do any scripting in this particular build. (Looped, the same property as in a sound)

1 Like

That’s a very cool idea! The only issue is that currently Roblox limits it to 2 videos playing simultaneously on the client, so you could only have 2 of however many theatres created actually playing video at the same time.

I hope eventually this limit is raised, and we get to upload our own videos to make things like movie theatres possible!

1 Like

You could stop playing the video frame when they arent in the theatre room

2 Likes

Speaking of stop playing, I noticed that you cannot see videoframe content behind glass

1 Like

That tends to apply to decals and surface guis too

2 Likes

Most probably glass is considered a part. For billboard GUIs you cannot see them through glass unless you set it to show in front of all parts, however, that would mean you could see through any part to see a billboard gui. So most probably the same thing is applied to videos at the moment. Just wait until they update it

2 Likes

https://gyazo.com/3639e35905989529968db253a99d2d2f
I started to build the sloped part, decided to add platforms on either side.

3 Likes

https://gyazo.com/c713b8ed077f0ecbebb7f11a83789b04 I will work on the chairs part later, that’s my progress so far.

2 Likes

But I thought theaters do not have slopes except for the sides. I thought it is usually blocky like stairs going down

2 Likes

Forgot about that! Has been a while since I’ve been in a physical movie theatre!

1 Like

I think it looks amazing! You are quite talented.

1 Like

Seems like a really cool idea, I might do the same thing as you.

1 Like

I like the way it has been built, especially the connecting video effect is the most interested.

Job well done mate

1 Like

Definitley can be improved, but for now this is AMAZING. Really like it!

1 Like

I am making one-two but need help making a scrip for id and value inputs

Let me clarify, you want to have a text box for the player to input the video Id and then find the video with that Id and start playing it?

You should probably open another topic for this, but I think you’d have to use either a surface gui or screen gui, and change the VideoFrame.Video to the textbox input.

1 Like

i think its great, but the detail on the actual theatre room isnt as detailed.

Yep. Basically. Form of what I have so far and need help with (Need help making a script that allows a user to input a value to change the video frames properties)