View settings change to default every time I launch studio

What my studio used to look like:

What it looks like now every time I launch studio:

All the colors I had for my palette is gone too!

1 Like

Can you click File > About Roblox Studio and screenshot the version number? The widget not saving should have been fixed in a past update, so I’m wondering if there’s an issue where Studio isn’t recognizing there’s a new version available.

If not, it may be an issue with Windows not allowing Studio to save changes to disk. If you right click Studio’s shortcut and select Open File Location (repeat if it leads to another shortcut), where does it lead to? Can you post the full file path? It’s normally in local appdata, but I’ve seen Studio installed to program files in the past where it may have permission issues. Also, is the account you’re using on Windows an admin? Or does it have any sort of restrictions?

This appears to happen when you skip one of the Roblox Studio upgrades. I managed to fix it by opening regedit.exe, going to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and deleting all the Roblox related keys.

Everything worked fine last week.

1 Like

Apparently switching to RibbonBar solves the problem. Welp, I guess it’s time to change.

It’s possible to tweak RibbonBar to be more usable. I have a thread up here: https://devforum.roblox.com/t/transitioning-from-systemmenu-to-ribbonbar/29901

Thanks!