Viewport frame help

So basically I made a viewport frame, but it doesn’t show it’s current camera. The current camera is in a part inside workspace. The camera works fine but the viewport frame doesn’t show it. Any help?

1 Like

current camera should be a camera.
also i think you need to put camera inside viewport Frame

…wait, did you put objects in workspace??

Can you give us more information and be more spesific about "What you want to achive?"

Edit:
My advice is check this video out ViewportFrames tutorial in Roblox! - YouTube by “ThatsOofinGreat” i think this will fix your problem but yeah keep us updated.

did u set viewportFrame.Camera to the camera u want? .

Viewports can be weird. So I’ll offer some things that I’ve noticed in my exploration of them:

1. They seem to lose their current camera property when loaded in game, so you’ll have to set it manually using a script.
  2. To see parts in the viewport frame, those parts have to have the frame as an ancestor
  3. There’s probably more things to them, however the info above should get you started, I implore you to do your own research.
    Hope this all helps

Sorry I wasn’t very specific, but I did set the viewport frame’s current camera (with a loop) to the camera I made via local script. However, the camera isn’t a descendent of the viewport frame. The camera is in workspace and the parts are also in workspace. Should I put the camera and the parts as children of the viewport frame?

Edit: I also have terrain that I want include in the viewport frame. Is it possible to duplicate terrain and parent them to the viewport frame?

The camera doesn’t have to be a child of the viewport frame, but the parts do, so yes, change the parent of the parts to the viewport frame. And currently, viewport frames do not support smooth terrain.

Oh, but if viewport frame doesn’t support terrain, then how did Jailbreak makes it’s minimap? Did they just take a screenshot of the whole map or something else entirely?

Edit: I just found this plugin Minimap Render [RoRenderV3] - #2 by rek_kie
not sure if this is what Jailbreak used for it’s minimap.

I don’t know how Jailbreak made its minimap but if that plugin works for your purpose, then I can’t see why you shouldn’t try it.