Violating TOS by blacklisting NSFW words if player can't see them?

Does anyone know if you are allowed to put explicit/TOS violating words in scripts as long as it is not visible to a regular user (for example to see if someone says something NSFW and it sends the username to a webhook)? Only devs would be able to see the word list.

Can’t seem to find anything about this anywhere so help would be appreciated.

1 Like

Roblox does actually scan the contents and can read your published scripts, which started some controversy.

As far as I can tell, I don’t believe they hugely care as long as these words are never displayed to any end users, but simply having words in your script can and will draw unwanted attention, and you shouldn’t risk it anyway knowing this sites moderation.

2 Likes

I think it may be fine since I found this on the original post, but could still be a risk due to their moderation.

Furthermore, adding additional safety for the sake of your players in the form of an extra chat filter will not get you punished. We applaud you for wanting to go the extra mile to ensure your players have a safe experience! Just make sure the text you’re filtering is not visible to players (i.e. sent to the client) and all should be fine.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.