Virus support! Strange scripts popping up!

Hello all!

So for quite a while now I’ve been having this half problem, where around once a day more virus scripts pop up in my game. With the recent update banning main module this no longer seems to be problem but it creates many errors making my output look bad :disappointed:… These scripts are always named either “WelderPart”, “AdminLoader” or simply “Welder”, and often have quite funny interiors claiming how “vital” and “important” they are too the wellbeing of your game, then hiding 1 line is code about 3000 Lines down and a days worth of horizontal scrolling away, with just 3 measly http module requests. Each time I delete them all but they always seem to pop up again the next day. Have any of you wonderful people experienced anything similar? If so have you found any solutions? Sorry the trouble!

Here are some possible causes I believe and my counters:
1: free models.
C: haha no only trusted devforum module scripts in my game!
2: but Shirou, maybe one of your collaborators left a tiny script?
C: checked every script in game, all are accounted for.
3: weird maybe a malicious plug-in?
C: while i make sure to use no plugins i don’t know about my collaborators, they don’t log in enough for it though I think, but does anyone know any malicious plugins? Just curious!

That’s it for my ideas! Would really appreciate any help! Have a good night of sleep you all!

2 Likes

I would enable hidden objects in your explorer and make sure there isn’t anything hiding in something like the CSGDictionaryService or something like that. Here’s a detailed guide on some more information on that: Clearing your game of malicious scripts, plugins, and backdoors

3 Likes

Welder script is important to other model to stick/glue parts(i think im correct).

Some models have script that makes it looks like its an virus but the script just send your game information to they’re discord. For instance, game name/ game id/ Creator id/ etc.

Also roblox studio has a new feature where it tells you if the model has a script

1 Like