Studio randomly causes other applications' audio to break [macOS]

1. Have something playing in the background, Spotify, YouTube, etc…
  2. Open a place file with VolumetricAudio Enabled
  3. Run the game
  4. Once a sound is played in the game, my entire computer’s audio cuts out

Quitting Studio is the only way to resolve the issue. From time to time, a sound “glitch” can be heard while it is broken.

With VolumetricAudio Disabled, this does not happen. This issue also only occurs on my headset, a Corsair Virtuoso XT. When using the speakers, the issue does not occur.

Edit: My initial diagnosis was a fluke, but the issue still occurs randomly.

System Information:

• Macbook Pro 2023
  • M2 Pro Chip
  • macOS Sonoma 14.1.2
9 Likes

Hi Jack, we’re investigating. Can you send us a video of this happening? In particular if you can show your sound’s setup, like its parent part or any SoundEffects or SoundGroups involved, that would help a lot.

4 Likes

We haven’t reproduced this, so we’re closing this bug unless we get more details - let us know if you’re still running into this and can provide. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey-it turns out my initial diagnosis was incorrect and just happenstance. This issue still occurs randomly even when VolumetricAudio is disabled.

1 Like

I’ve had a really hard time narrowing down a cause of the issue. But here’s a video of me encountering the issue today when starting a Local Server in my game.

@cognitivetest_306

This issue doesn’t appear to happen in a default baseplate. I’m not sure what is wrong with the sound setup in my game as I’m still in the very early stages of development, but I’ll send you a place file.

2 Likes

To confirm, does this happen only when using the Corsair Virtuoso XT?

And have you seen this in any other game, either a different Roblox place or place file or a different video game entirely? Online searches show that some people have had problems with this headset for a variety of reasons, and it may just be a coincidence that it happened while you were working on your game. Can you please try the headset with some other games and apps to confirm if it only occurs in Roblox, and to confirm that it only happens when you are working on your experience?

I can confirm that the issue was isolated to Roblox and didn’t occur with any other applications I had… however I’ve switched to a completely new headset for better or for worse, and as such can’t really provide more information on the issue :frowning:

Thanks, I’ll take that as a confirmation that it only occurred with the Corsair Virtuoso XT. We are still investigating this and trying to reproduce it.

Heya! Not sure if this is a clue, however when this happens for me with my bluetooth headphones, changing the headphone source to something else, then back, seems to fix it.