Voxelized Smoke

cool, I will put this in my `DANISH BOMB` which is my joke bomb from denmark, it will put smoke

Perhaps you could apply greedy meshing to counter this behavior?

Yes, maybe you could try greedy meshing!

Would be interesting to see how it performs :grinning:

1 Like

Holy smokes (Kill me)! This reminds me of Counter-Strike 2! (I typed this without reading beforehand.)

1 Like

lil update:
I’ve made a module that keeps the voxels inside of it when they arent needed and retrieves them when needed, so performance should be a bit better

and you can find the changes in the uncopy locked place

You could try incorporating greedy meshing to lower the part count: https://youtu.be/L6P86i5O9iU?si=kqRpBrICas4mZMQu as suggested by @kalabgs & @SwitchedDreams

Or check this out alternatively: How to make a Greedy Mesher - #2 by fathawks

2 Likes

pretty cool resource, is there a way to adjust the size of the “voxels” to be smaller, so we can have smaller holes in the smoke.

Also I just theorized that a similar smoke system could be done with particle physics and raycasting which ill probably try later.

1 Like

Yes, you just have to change the resolution setting when creating the smoke, you can look at the example script I already made

2 Likes

It seems like the game is broken

sorry about that, it seems that a script didnt fully commit before i published and closed studio

Do you mean CS2 csgo doesn’t have dynamic smoke

Could you rephrase that, since I don’t fully understand what you mean

CS:GO doesn’t have smokes that can fill the room or get holes in them. That’s CS2

1 Like

Oh wow i’ve been looking for something like this for so long, thank you!

trying it right now, it’s pretty neat.

the only issue i’ve encountered are just the fact i can’t do multiple smokes, but that seems like a me problem of not being smart enough to script.

i managed to make a working smoke grenade tool out of it, here are the results.

this is honestly pretty cool

This reminds me of a YouTube video I watched recently, I’m going to assume it inspired you too? Honestly this is really cool! Nice work.

1 Like

Cool stuff! I did something similar myself a while back.

Something I learned from the above demo was that it was, well, too simple. Maximum_ADHD forwarded me a video to help expand upon what I had, allowing the smoke to better respond to the environment.

I recommend taking a look at it:

Keep up the good work :+1:

Edit: I notice somebody else here recommended the video to you as well!

3 Likes

I’ve already watched that, well that was what initially got me to make this

I recommend watching, if anyone hasn’t watched it yet

3 Likes

Just figured out that you can make grenades with this very easily if you just modify a few parts, so in the function that checks if the voxel will collide with something you would check if whatever it will collide contains a humanoid

1 Like

A lot of people have watched that youtube video (even I did watch that video)