VPF Replay Module

Alright, thank you very much. I hope to use this in a upcoming game I’m making! Hope to hear from you soon about this.

1 Like

I know right, kill cams in old roblox would literally just follow a player’s camera. Now look where we!

1 Like

This is especially cool for like death effects or a battle royale game to rewatch old games.

1 Like

It’s because TAYFUN7 is registered in the replay demo, if you go into Studio and remove :Register(workspace.TAYFUN7), it should work again.

2 Likes

Oops! I was helping TAYFUN get it working in his game and added that for testing purposes :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Fixed that slip, demo place should work again

5 Likes

Would there be a way to export a serialized clip via an HTTP API? This would be useful to record clips of exploiters, and also might solve the saving issue.

2 Likes

No, that would be EXTREMELY expensive to do. As an idea it’s cool, but in execution, it wouldn’t work well.

2 Likes

Why would it? Assuming a serialised replay is a table, table.concat it and compress it.

Bear in mind, you’d still have to somehow play it assuming you are doing it outside of studio.

1 Like

As Ewan said, recording isn’t that resource expensive as running them. You could possibly create a copy of your game for your moderators, and use a HTTP Get request to render the parsed recording into the game (your moderators can make a screen recording for evidence).

Keep in mind that it is a bad practice to record every player for the whole playtime (you’ll have an increased memory usage if you do), but using it when the exploiter triggers some sort of detection can be good (for example, record the player for 10 seconds when a noclip attempt is detected).

Actually, as written in the original post, this resource is not performance optimized. It’s cool to experiment with, but fine-tuning and optimalisations have to be made before you can safely use it in production.

1 Like

Sorry for bump lmao. I didn’t notice that the last reply was 5 months ago :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

You a legend for this one, excellent module my fine gentleman

4 Likes

how to use the replay plugin?

Its all broken, nothings working :confused:

Still working fine for me when I join the game… if you give no details to your issue then no one can help you

3 Likes

is it possible that you can change the “boatbomber scored” at the top to the players name who scored? Nice module by the way.

1 Like

Your soccer game code can do whatever it wants with regards to handling that stuff, this module only handles the replay.

3 Likes

This system is amazing, had a look at your work in-studio. I can’t wait to see replay features in future games, and this system does a fantastic job at it. There are some things I would change, but well done!

Is it possible for instead of the replay being on a screen GUI, it can be put onto a surface GUI? I’ve tried many ways but I can’t seem to get it to work. If you can make a seperate place for that, all would be greatly appreciated :smiley:

The SurfaceGui needs to be parented to PlayerGui and the Adornee property can be set to the part you want to display on. This is because ViewportFrames can’t be in Workspace (as their descendant parts you want to render would be conflicting with the main worldroot)

1 Like