VRLib Module [WIP]

I’ll have a go and post an update here if I get it to work, then.

1 Like

Also, are you able to get VR to work in studio? I’ve tried loads and the only thing that works is publishing to Roblox and playing it in an actual game…

1 Like

Yep! Just make sure to switch on VR Enabled in studio (in the settings menu in play mode), and whenever you hit Play Solo it should automatically load up VR mode (assuming your headset is ready / available). This is how I tested my own module.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t know you have to enable it in settings. Thanks!

1 Like

It doesn’t look like SteamVR is picking up Roblox Studio. I have VR enabled in settings. Am I missing something?

1 Like

I am not exactly sure of compatability issues relating to SteamVR headsets but Oculus headsets seem to work well…
Try starting studio with Steam (add it as a shortcut / game). Also try restarting studio with SteamVR open.

2 Likes

Roblox is in the process of porting the character controller to lua. They previewed it in their Avatar Evolution beta. (More info here). Additionally, mesh deformation is becoming a thing, and this would be absolutely awesome for VR rigs. If I ever do anything VR related, it’ll probably be using Avatar Evolution features.

2 Likes

Yeah, same here. It’s gonna be awesome.

Only issue is still, I can’t even use studio with VR. It’s way too difficult to develop for VR test when I can’t test play in VR :confused:

if it helps any, my vr lib module will help explain everything that is inside of it making it very easy to make a vr game without even knowing how it will work because of the simplicity

2 Likes

Can this VRLib module be Server Sided?

1 Like

It is designed to work locally only. If you wish to replicate the information, the most common forms of doing so is to make the parts Network Owner the client who is using VR, or to manually replicate the information via a Remote Function or Event

2 Likes

The module won’t work at all, I have an Oculus Quest 2, does it only support Oculus Rift?
Also, is there a certain place I have to put it in to have it working?

2 Likes

This post was made almost a year ago, things are bound to break by then so it’s probably just because the system broke after updates.

1 Like

Oh right, thanks for reminding me.

1 Like

script = nil, this topic was a year ago but I need to know why the hell you would do that.

I would assume so but does this work with Oculus Quest 2?

This seems like a great resource! I’ll definitely check it out!