Waking Sleeping Parts

What are different ways to manually wake sleeping parts?

So far I have tried anchoring and unanchoring but that doesn’t work for me.

Not sure if this is what you want, but this allows you to disable the sleep state I think.

Colbert y

Apply a small bit of velocity to the part. Consider a VectorForce with a negligible amount of force applied to it, but just enough to cause it to become physically simulated.

I’d prefer not to do that but thanks

I don’t think that applies in games but it will be useful for debugging

Thanks

What do you prefer to do then? You aren’t going to find any other method that reasonably does what you’re looking for here. Physics simulation begins when physics need to operate on a part, you aren’t able to simply wake up sleeping parts without giving the part a reason to enter physics simulation.

Applying a negligible amount of force through any of the physics properties of the part or through a proxy object is as close as you can get to forcing a part to wake up and become physically simulated. If you don’t want to do that, then you’re looking for something that doesn’t exist.

CMIIW.

Also, for what purpose do you want to wake sleeping parts?

Is there no other way to start physics simulation on a part?

I don’t want to use vector forces since this is for an aircraft and vector forces could mess things up

Im “animating” an aircraft using constraints.
When the aircraft is inserted into the game the attachments shift around, my theory is that the parts are sleeping for a sec so they anchor themselves while the plane shifts as it is being inserted into the game.

No, there really isn’t. You enter physics simulation by… applying physics to the part. Or if they’re naturally occurring (e.g. the part is falling), though typically that kind of case is mostly predictable. You can’t start physics simulation without making something happen physically. A negligible amount of force will do it just fine. It’s negligible for a reason, so that its application doesn’t affect anything visibly.